Here I go again.....with my old home made bator!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Bammony, Feb 24, 2009.

1. Bammony

Bammony Red-dress-less

Aug 15, 2008
    Salina, Utah
    I gave a home made incubator that my ex and I had made about 5 yrs ago to Buster and he has let me borrow it back for a little while so I can get my hatching fix. I have 4 dozen eggs in it now and the temp and humidity are holding steady. I am SO excited!!!!! I have Orpington, Silkie and EE eggs incubating now. Oh, also some quail eggs that Buster surprised me with. Everyone wish me luck. When I owned this bator before I hatched hundreds of pheasant, chickens and ducks in it. The bator was also home to a small wild bird that had fallen from it's nest and still needed to be fed and kept warm. Here I go again.....

2. jimnjay

jimnjay Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 11, 2007
    Bryant Alabama
    Good luck with you hatch. I just finished a homemade hatcher today. It is the third one I have made. I am trying the water heater thermostat again to see if it will work this time. I placed it closer to the light bulb.

3. Bammony

Bammony Red-dress-less

Aug 15, 2008
    Salina, Utah
    Quote:Got pics???? [​IMG]

4. needmorechickens!

needmorechickens! Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 2, 2008
    West TN
    That's all I have is two homemade incubators. I love mine and I have great hatches with them on my own eggs.
    4 dozen eggs? You must have a turner?
    I don't have one so I incubate mine in a carton and just prop the carton up on one side or the other to turn.
    I hope you have a great hatch!
    ~Rebecca

5. Bammony

Bammony Red-dress-less

Aug 15, 2008
    Salina, Utah
    needmorechickens! :

That's all I have is two homemade incubators. I love mine and I have great hatches with them on my own eggs.
    4 dozen eggs? You must have a turner?
    I don't have one so I incubate mine in a carton and just prop the carton up on one side or the other to turn.
    I hope you have a great hatch!
    ~Rebecca

Thanks Rebecca! I hope I have a good hatch rate too. The bator I'm using does have trays that I turn manually from outside the bater. I'll get pics in just a few minutes and post them.​

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by