Here I go again!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by gvntofly05, May 23, 2010.

1. gvntofly05

gvntofly05 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 21, 2009
    IN
    The incubator is running and I am getting the temp dialed in. It's been holding at 99.5 for an hour now! I got 5 bantam eggs from a friend of a friend. I don't know exactly what breeds he has. So it will be fun to see what hatches. I will set the eggs this afternoon and should have babies around June 14th! Yay now I have something really fun to look forward too!

Hubby had put me on a time out with the incubator until my BCM start laying but when I told him I could get some bantam eggs and it would only be 4-6 of them he said that's fine!!! He thinks the bantam eggs are really cute. I'm hoping to be able to show up for Christmas dinner with the cutest deviled eggs my family and friends have seen!

2. Chicky Mama

Chicky Mama Chillin' With My Peeps

May 4, 2009
    Mountains of N.E. CA
    Has he seen how cute OEG bantam eggs are? Some are smaller than a pingpong ball & all yolk. I have 2 sisters that 1 just had a baby and the other is expecting in October. So I've told them when the kids are ready to start on food I have the perfect size eggs for the babies and then bigger ones as they grow. [​IMG] Plus the eggs are free of meds and whatever else egg farmers feed em' and from happy birds & free if they want them. I think I'll have to do some teeny baby size deviled's. One year for Easter my artsy Aunt even made them look like a lil chick on top of the egg. [​IMG] They were soo cute we didn't want to eat them.

3. gvntofly05

gvntofly05 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 21, 2009
    IN
    Quote:That's pretty cool! The bantam eggs would be the perfect size for little ones! These will be my first bantams! I'm not going to be used to dealing with such tiny babies. I guess it will give me some practice for when I can talk hubby into letting me get some quail! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by