Here is a harvest for you.

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by jimnjay, Jul 21, 2008.

1. jimnjay

jimnjay Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 11, 2007
    Bryant Alabama
    These were hatched and picked over the weekend. All but the little blue one are Sizzles. The Blue is the first baby I have gotten from a new pullet and roo I bought back in February.

[​IMG]

2. JennsPeeps

JennsPeeps Rhymes with 'henn'

Jun 14, 2008
    South Puget Sound
    [​IMG]

3. marie_martin

marie_martin Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 21, 2007
    Grenada, MS
    Very nice looking crew you have there. Congrats!!!

Marie

4. BamaChicken

BamaChicken Orpingtons Bama Style

Nov 14, 2007
    Jaynie I wish you could get a better picture of the blue. It sure is cute but looks like a black to me. The buffs look like great foot feathering. Cute babies. Love them.

5. marie_martin

Feb 21, 2007
    Grenada, MS
    Bama, I have your in the hatcher along with the andalusions from jaynie. Keep your fingers crossed for me.

Marie

6. silkieluvr

silkieluvr Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 20, 2007
    Marin, California
    Aww! So cute!

7. BamaChicken

Nov 14, 2007
    marie I have been watching to see if you posted any pipping. I am praying.

8. marie_martin

Feb 21, 2007
    Grenada, MS
    I have a couplle of blue/splash ones out and look nice. But no whites. If I end up with no whites, do you think you will have anymore? I may just wait until cooler weather to try again though. Or maybe you could try to ship me chicks this fall. I don't know. I will keep you posted though. I have about 5 of the andalusions hatching. Some are silver looking and some darker blue. Will post pics tonight.

Marie

9. jimnjay

jimnjay Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 11, 2007
    Bryant Alabama
    Julie, Here is the little blue one, do you think it is black? I would love it if so. This one is from Bobbies Blue boy and her black hen I got in February. My Blacks are finally laying and I have some eggs under a broody now. It has been such a long dry spell for blacks for me. I am anxious to see them.

[​IMG]

10. BamaChicken

Nov 14, 2007
    I might be wrong Jaynie but my guess would be that i turns out black. Very nice crest on that little chick
    MARIE I am sorry about the whites. I should have some more in the fall or I could try hatching some for you. Just let me know. If my DIL goes to Brandon in the fall I will let you know and maybe you could pick some up there Unless it would be less expensive to ship. It is only around 30 to 45 to ship. With the price of gas it maybe less to ship than a round trip anywhere.

Last edited: Jul 22, 2008

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by