Here' s a picture of our coop during the winter

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by 2468Chickensrgr8, Feb 3, 2009.

1. 2468Chickensrgr8

2468Chickensrgr8 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 7, 2007
    Ontario
    Its made from old barnboard found inside my FIL's barn in Quebec....still has square nails .....and the door is from the Humanity store...also has square nails.....Inside its sectioned into two one have is spray foamed insulated(we built our shop on the property and I sweet talked the fellas into insulating my coop before the inside walls went up..the roof is red tin,,,..hubby put up a side run this past summer because we have a owl/hawk problem....I let them free range when the we are working outside...plexy glass windows...my kids like baseball....I am hoping to use the other half for Turkeys and add another run on the side...but i wish we went bigger !!![​IMG]

[​IMG]

Oh and thats the rabbit run and hutch to the right.....

Last edited: Feb 3, 2009
  2. adeters2

adeters2 Out Of The Brooder

Aug 24, 2007
    Mocksville, NC
    Looks pretty good!! I miss the snow! I'm from Michigan, but now live in NC..... I'm Jealous!! lol:lol:

3. chicken_angler

chicken_angler Coop Constructist

Jun 23, 2008
    a house
    Nice pics! can i send you some snow from Ohio? roflmao!

Cody!!

4. KWAK

KWAK Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 2, 2009
    Michigan
    i like your coop. lol [​IMG] this summer when the snow melts im building a nother coop cuz the one i have was a really fast job!
    [​IMG]

5. HappyHatch'en

HappyHatch'en Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 31, 2009
    GEORGIA
    Can you move it??? ....Like to my property in North Georgia...please send me more pictures, I'm in love with a beautiful coop! The gray old siding and door are special....when should I expect it to be delivered?

6. 2468Chickensrgr8

Nov 7, 2007
    Ontario
    Quote:Well only if you come up and make me a BIGGER coop.....hee hee!!!
    or at least talk my hubby into making me another one....ha ha ha !! good Luck !!! Ha ha ha !!!

7. 2468Chickensrgr8

Nov 7, 2007
    Ontario
    Quote:Come and get the snow ....all you want !!!

8. chicken_angler

chicken_angler Coop Constructist

Jun 23, 2008
    a house
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

9. toletiquesbysam

toletiquesbysam Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 19, 2008
    Nebraska
    I LOVE the Rustic look!! It's absolutely Beautiful!! Glad you shared it with us!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by