Here They Are: Babies From Several Hatches! (PICS)

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by speckledhen, Nov 24, 2007.

1. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

These are from hatches on Nov 14, 16, 21, 23 & 24th all in the brooder, except the last blue Orp baby who is still drying in the hatcher, starting with Miss Attitude, who is already spoken for.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. helmstead

helmstead Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 12, 2007
    Alfordsville, IN
    They are SO cute! I swear it looks like you have a splash in there, Cyn...

Miss With Attitude is right! LOL

3. speckledhen

She does look like a splash, doesn't she? But, they say that's impossible from a black and a blue. Doesn't she have the most delicate color you've ever seen? I'm in love with that one already. And one reminds me of a Siamese cat with dark around its eyes and edging on the wing feathers and another one is perfectly charcoal. So many variations of color!

4. BantyChickMom

BantyChickMom Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 25, 2007
    Henderson, NC
    They are so adorable!!

I'm just waiting for the day when I can hatch a bator full of different colors.
    Most of mine are 19 weeks and I have red oegb and white cochin bantams that I think are about 24 weeks, so I'm thinking anyday now I will have some more layers.

First of the year the bator goes back on

5. Heidi

Heidi Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 18, 2007
    Northwest Michigan
    They are adorable as always. I really like Miss Attitude - what a cutie. Thanks for sharing.

6. speckledhen

That little one in the first pic is why my DH loves the Barred Rocks best. That one is just like her mother, Lexie, full of spunk. I swear, I'm half a mind to put her out in the nursery coop with her four week old sister and brother so she could see she isn't the toughest little girl in the coop, LOL!

7. halo

halo Got The Blues

Nov 22, 2007
    Florida
    My Coop
    They are just way too cute!

8. ladybug4ut1

ladybug4ut1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 13, 2007
    Central Florida
    [​IMG]

congrats on all hatches they are just too cute. Day 21 is tomarrow on my first hatch. I am hoping for some then.

Big Congrats

[​IMG]

9. HenHaven

HenHaven Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 3, 2007
    Coarsegold, CA
    Congratulations Cyn! The chicks look great! I see some nice poofy cheeks there! I just love the little Miss Attitude...that pic is a crack up!

10. helmstead

helmstead Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 12, 2007
    Alfordsville, IN
    I bet it's not impossible. I have to insert horse genetics here which may be irrelevant, but what the heck.

In breeding dilute horse colors (palomino, buckskin - single creme gene carriers) you can get a black horse. They're called smoky black. They appear black but STILL carry that creme gene - so they can have single dilute and EVEN double dilute offspring.

So, HMMM....

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by