Here we are at 5.5 weeks

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by jakmallex, Jun 14, 2008.

1. jakmallex

jakmallex Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 19, 2008
    NC
    Tonight will probably be their first night outside. I heard a crow from one of the silkies (not pictured) this morning, so I think it's time. The leg color didn't come out correctly this time. The ones that look black are actually blue/gray.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 14, 2008
  2. augiedranch

augiedranch Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 14, 2008
    Texas
    those are really nice pictures. very professional [​IMG]

3. CodyChristine

CodyChristine Out Of The Brooder

Apr 11, 2008
    Belle Plaine, MN
    Nice pictures! My girls will be 5 weeks tomorrow and they went out to their coop 3 nights ago. Doing great!

4. sweetshoplady

sweetshoplady Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 4, 2008
    Venice, Florida
    Are they bantams? What kind are they? They are beautiful and very very nice photos of them!

5. jakmallex

Mar 19, 2008
    NC
    They are bantam EEs. They didn't make it outside last night since a storm passed through and we didn't get finished putting hardware cloth on the top of the door. Hopefully we will finish it today b/c the silkie roosters are driving me crazy!

6. Jayers

Jayers Out Of The Brooder

Apr 16, 2008
    NE Illinois
    Beautiful pictures!

I am almost done with my tractor as well. What area do you live in and what are your nightime temps? I am wondering if it is still a little early for us for going outside.

7. jakmallex

Mar 19, 2008
    NC
    I'm in NC. It has been in the 90's or high 80's during the day and high 60's to low 70's at night. Since they are all feathered out and have been spending a lot of time in a pen outside in the yard, so I think they are ready. There are 10 of them, so they could definitely use more space. I think their first night will be Thurs. night, so they'll be 6 weeks old by then. How old are your chicks?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by