Here we are at 5.5 weeks

jakmallex

Songster
11 Years
Mar 19, 2008
NC
Tonight will probably be their first night outside. I heard a crow from one of the silkies (not pictured) this morning, so I think it's time. The leg color didn't come out correctly this time. The ones that look black are actually blue/gray.

_MG_0709small.jpg

_MG_0720small.jpg

_MG_0729small.jpg

_MG_0735small.jpg

_MG_0744small.jpg

Last edited:
They are bantam EEs. They didn't make it outside last night since a storm passed through and we didn't get finished putting hardware cloth on the top of the door. Hopefully we will finish it today b/c the silkie roosters are driving me crazy!

Beautiful pictures!

I am almost done with my tractor as well. What area do you live in and what are your nightime temps? I am wondering if it is still a little early for us for going outside.

I'm in NC. It has been in the 90's or high 80's during the day and high 60's to low 70's at night. Since they are all feathered out and have been spending a lot of time in a pen outside in the yard, so I think they are ready. There are 10 of them, so they could definitely use more space. I think their first night will be Thurs. night, so they'll be 6 weeks old by then. How old are your chicks?

Back
Top Bottom