HERE WE GO AGAIN (coop addition)FINISHED PICS PG#2

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by reggiejr, May 31, 2010.

1. reggiejr

reggiejr Out Of The Brooder

Jul 19, 2009
    maine
    Sooooo i thought my coop was big enough, well it was untill i went chick crazy this spring.[​IMG] I did some figuring as to what i needed and this is what we came up with.
    We started out with a 8'x8' coop with a 8'x24' run we decided to add 8'x6' to make the new coop 8'x14'.

here is the new floor leveled and ready for the walls.2x4 pt 16 o.c. w 3/4" t&g moisure resistant plywood.

[​IMG]

here are the walls going up and i removed 2 windows.
    [​IMG]
    here is the exterier sheathing going up on the new walls its called (smartsiding) love that stuff all pre primed and ready for paint.
    [​IMG]
    I decided to put the 2 old windows on the sides of the new addition.also i got lucky and was able to tuck the new siding into the old siding looks like it was all built at once.
    [​IMG]
    well there it is for now. I will post more pics of more progress tomorrow.[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 6, 2010
  2. sianara

sianara Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 27, 2007
    Central MA
    Looking really good so far. Is it going to be two coops or are you going to open it up as one big coop?

3. reggiejr

reggiejr Out Of The Brooder

Jul 19, 2009
    maine
    Im building a wire wesh human sized doorway between the two to seperate them for now.and I will have a seperate pop door and run also.so i can raise new chicks with the main flock under one roof this will make my life sooo much easyer.then later down the road i can take off the door and mix the 2 flocks as one and do it all over again next year if needed.well thats the plan anyway.

Last edited: May 31, 2010
  4. Stumpy

Stumpy Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 15, 2008
    I really like it -- it looks great!

5. gryeyes

gryeyes Covered in Pet Hair & Feathers

Oh, that's a really great idea, and it sure looks good so far!

6. vfem

vfem Yoga...The Chicken Pose

Aug 4, 2008
    Fuquay Varina, NC
    LMAO... it reminds me of my 'plenty of room' coop. We recently added on and now hubby calls it the duplex!

[​IMG]

7. Chicken Chat

Chicken Chat Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 19, 2009
    Southern Illinois
    [​IMG] Great looking coop. Can't wait to see it finished.

8. 3chimama

3chimama Chillin' With My Peeps

May 8, 2010
    Pacific Northwest
    That looks amazing! You would never guess it is a new addition, it blends in so well...

9. Armageddon

Armageddon Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 3, 2010
    Southern California
    Fantastic! and next year you can add one to the other side!! LOL!

10. Mrs. Fluffy Puffy

Mrs. Fluffy Puffy Fluffy Feather Farm

Jan 26, 2010
    Texas, Panhandle
    Quote:X2

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by