1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Here we go again! Hatch complete.

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by shelleyb1969, Jan 5, 2009.

1. shelleyb1969

shelleyb1969 Star Bright Farm

Thanks to Vicki2x2, I've got 2 beautiful BLRW eggs and 2 Welsummer eggs that are going into the hatcher today! I candled last night, and all 4 look very good. [​IMG] In a couple of days, I'll have 2 black mottled bantam cochin eggs to join them. Wish me luck! [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 8, 2009
  2. Chix-in-GA

Chix-in-GA Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 17, 2008
    Nashville, GA
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Good Luck [​IMG]

3. vicki2x2

vicki2x2 Super Chick

Feb 9, 2008
    Central Michigan
    Crossing my fingers and toes!!

4. shelleyb1969

I am overly excited about these eggs. I can't wait to hopefully have gorgeous little ones in a few days! [​IMG]

5. L*A*G*

L*A*G* Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 19, 2008
    planet chicken
    GOOD LUCK!!! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

6. gumpsgirl

gumpsgirl Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Mar 25, 2008
    Virginia
    How exciting! Sending lot of good hatching luck your way! [​IMG]

7. L*A*G*

L*A*G* Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 19, 2008
    planet chicken
    gumpsgirl, i see u have only 1 silkie. how do your other chickens like her or he. my point is can they get along?

8. shelleyb1969

I went upstairs to check on the eggs, and one of the BLRW eggs has pipped! [​IMG]

I had been sitting at my computer desk earlier tonight and heard a chick peeping inside one of the eggs, so I knew it wouldn't be long. But I didn't expect it to be this soon...day 19! [​IMG]

Now I can't stop checking the bator to see if any more are pipping! [​IMG]

9. vicki2x2

vicki2x2 Super Chick

Feb 9, 2008
    Central Michigan
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

10. shelleyb1969

I was awakened at 6am by the sounds of loud peeping...from my solitary little black mottled cochin chick. When I got upstairs to see what the commotion was all about, I heard the "responding" little peeps of a new chick...the BLRW had hatched! [​IMG]

It looks like it may have hatched a couple of hours ago. OH my goodness, what beautiful coloring already! I'm so used to hatching yellow or yellow/black chicks, and this one is just gorgeous! [​IMG]

None of the other eggs have pipped yet, so I'm hoping the cries from this little guy will urge them out. There's still plenty of time left...day 20 will start at 2:30 this afternoon. At that time, I've also got 2 mottled cochin eggs to put in the hatcher.

Of course I'll post pics...when the little fella gets completely dry and fluffy. Stay tuned....

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by