Here We go Again! UPDATE W/ pictures*

Discussion in 'Guinea Fowl' started by GuineaLady93, Apr 2, 2012.

1. GuineaLady93

GuineaLady93 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 7, 2011
    Cameron, NC
    My Coop
    I found a guinea nest today!!! I am so excited!!!
    The best I can tell they started yesterday. We will soon have cute little keets 24/7!
    Can't wait to try out my new incubator! It will hold like 250 eggs so I will not run out of incubator room this season!

Last edited: Apr 29, 2012
  2. TarheelBirdy

TarheelBirdy Chillin' With My Peeps

Congratulations! I have a few in the incubator now, with my chicken eggs! I was soooo excited to get my first eggs. About a month ago I told my husband that EVEN IF I found the guinea eggs, I wouldn't incubate them. YEAH RIGHT. That changed as soon as I found the first eggs. Now I'm looking for them all the time....[​IMG] and will be hatching as many as possible. I think it's going to be a fun hatching season on this site!

3. PeepsCA

PeepsCA Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 28, 2011
    Big Oak Valley, CA
    Congrats on the eggs finally Ash! And what kind of incubator did you get? Where's the pics!?!?!

4. TarheelBirdy

TarheelBirdy Chillin' With My Peeps

I got a Hovabator 1588. Love it.

Edited to say.....OOPS, I'm Ash too, so I thought you meant me!

Last edited: Apr 3, 2012
  5. GuineaLady93

Aug 7, 2011
    Cameron, NC
    My Coop
    I have a 1502 Digital Sportsman. I will try to post some pictures tomorrow! The trays I have for it will hold 288 eggs!

Last edited: Apr 3, 2012
  6. GuineaLady93

Aug 7, 2011
    Cameron, NC
    My Coop
    I found this little surprise in the incubator! I must have calculated the days wrong...not the first time.
    I am soooo excited!! Can't tell the color for sure yet but it looks like a Pied Brown. The second one looks like it might be White. There will only be 2 for my first batch of the year. (lol) It was their first eggs of the season so, it will be better next week!
    Aren't they cute?!?!?!?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]

7. GuineaLady93

Aug 7, 2011
    Cameron, NC
    My Coop
    Ok, I put these eggs in on Wednesday, April 4... When should they hatch? Cause I thought it would be May 2???

8. GuineaLady93

Aug 7, 2011
    Cameron, NC
    My Coop
    Ok, now I am thinking he might be Chocolate...What do yall think?

[​IMG]

9. PeepsCA

PeepsCA Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 28, 2011
    Big Oak Valley, CA
    Yay, congrats, 2 keets! May 2nd will be 28 days, I have had keets hatch on day 25 before tho. What's the temp set on the Sportsman? Even a half degree higher can make your hatches a little early.

That lil guy is lighter than my usual Chocolates, but darker than my Blondes. So yah, I'd say it's a Chocolate. Yay! Post some new pics after he's up running around and all fluffed, he may look a little lighter in a cuple days.

Congrats again Ash, looks like the new 'bator will serve you well.
    Now I really want one, lol.

10. GuineaLady93

Aug 7, 2011
    Cameron, NC
    My Coop

The temp is 100.5, is that ok?
    Yay! I would be happy with a Chocolate or a Blonde because I don't have either of those colors in my flock. The couple of Chocolates I had last year didn't even make it past a weed. Hopefully this little guy with do good.
    I love this new incubator, you should definitely go ahead and get one, I don't regret it at all.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by