Here we go again, what are we, please...

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Robin'sBrood, Apr 12, 2009.

1. Robin'sBrood

Robin'sBrood Flock Mistress

May 8, 2008
    North Carolina
    My trip to TSC on Friday resulted in...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Sorry the pics below didn't turn out so great, my camera doesn't do close-ups very well.

So anyway, the orange-ish chick is a Golden Comet? She does have two stripes going down her back even though it is hard to see in some of the pics above.
    Here she is posing for a portrait.
    [​IMG]

I got two of the little striped ones, they have very different faces...

This one is lighter all over and has a lot of markings on her face
    [​IMG][​IMG]

This one is very dark and has a black stripe across her eye
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    I was told they were Speckled Sussex chicks [​IMG]

Any guesses as to what this one is? She(?) was the only black chick in the pullet bin... BETTER be a pullet! I was told she is a Black Australorp [​IMG]
    Take in consideration that this is a pic using a flash. The chick is actually black with yellowish markings.
    [​IMG]

Without flash...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    TIA!

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 12, 2009
  2. ticks

ticks Pheasant Obsessed

Apr 1, 2008
    The Sticks, Vermont
    Looks like..
    A barred rock
    A red sex-link
    and two Brown Leghorns.

3. Robin'sBrood

Robin'sBrood Flock Mistress

May 8, 2008
    North Carolina
    Oh, I would love to have a Barred Rock.... hope you're right about that one, ticks!

4. Solsken Farm

Solsken Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Henmama, my golden buffs look just like that. My red sex links looked a bit different, but perhaps my small sample from last year was not indicative of the typical chick. There are a number of different combos to create these chicks, using delawares and RRs or leghorns and NHRs and so they have different names like cinnamon queen, golden buffs, red sex links, etc.

I agree that the black looks more like a BR. Notice the small white dot on her head?

I agree those are brown leghorns.

So cute!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by