Here we go again!

Feb 17, 2021
Somewhere down in Texas
Hi y’all! I’ve had chickens, and just got more chicks a few weeks ago, but I decided to try something new and get geese. I got 2 tufted Roman goslings from Metzer farms but sadly my dog got one. :(My lonely gosling is now living with my bantam chicks, and is great with them! I’ve been trying so hard to find another single goose, looking at hatcheries and local breeders, yet no one would sell a single goose, or they were sold out. Someone on here told me to try Craigslist, so I looked. I found someone last night, but they never responded back, so I kept looking. This morning I checked again and I found a Pomeranian goose for sale! He’s a bit older, but it’s a last resort. I’m super excited to work with both of these wonderful goose breeds and see what they have to offer.

So this lady also said she has a few guinea keets, so I’m getting some! I’ve seen some in neighborhoods and stuff, but have never owned any. I think they are assorted pearl and pied, but I’m not 100% sure. I’m super excited for these new additions and can’t wait to post lots of pictures when I get them!
Thank you for reading and I hope you can follow along with me on this new journey. :)
-ChickenWhisperer101

This is the goose! :) He seems super sweet, but could that be because he’s in a box?
His name is Maverick and we are renaming our other gosling Goose. :)

Attachments

• 1AB588BC-6887-40DC-88AA-D1A866D02A2D.jpeg
    1AB588BC-6887-40DC-88AA-D1A866D02A2D.jpeg
    296.1 KB · Views: 8
  • 9E33D0E3-812A-42B7-ADF1-D9C20BC2164D.jpeg
    9E33D0E3-812A-42B7-ADF1-D9C20BC2164D.jpeg
    253.4 KB · Views: 8
Yay! How exciting! How old is Goose now, and how old is Maverick? Hopefully close to the same age so they will integrate quickly.
I bet your so happy to have some fun new addition, congrats!
Ummm.... well they are 10 weeks apart. I’m not sure how it’s gonna work. Goose is currently with my bantam chicks and Donald does great with them! Maverick is being very quiet because he’s by him self and he’s probably sad. He lets me pick him up and pet him, so I hope he will be a good goose. :)

Ummm.... well they are 10 weeks apart. I’m not sure how it’s gonna work. Goose is currently with my bantam chicks and Donald does great with them! Maverick is being very quiet because he’s by him self and he’s probably sad. He lets me pick him up and pet him, so I hope he will be a good goose. :)
Thats what I thought. Assumed they were a good few weeks apart in age but didn't know how old Donald was compared to Maverick. Hopefully they integrate nicely once they're older. Such fun breeds! :)

This is the goose! :) He seems super sweet, but could that be because he’s in a box?
His name is Maverick and we are renaming our other gosling Goose. :)
wow! A Pomeranian!! That’s awesome! I have two dogs, one is a Pomeranian and the other is a Yorkie Pomeranian. And I had a pomsky (Pomeranian + husky) mix that lives with my ex now. Needless to say, I am a “pommy mommy”! (I didn’t make that up, that’s a thing).

looks like you are too now!! :wee
Can you let him be with the other babies but like, sectioned off? Is there some way to give him some friends and put a partition in? We will do that if our girl picks on the boy too much (she was picking on him a little bit when we first got them but theyre doing fine now and getting along great so far).

Or do you keep him seperate just in case he’s sick or something?

Anyway, congrats! Can’t wait to hear about how maverick and goose get along!

Give maverick a mirror, I heard that’s a thing when they’re alone.

Back
Top Bottom