Here we go again...

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Jen4, Nov 4, 2009.

1. Jen4

Jen4 Songster

Sep 7, 2008
    Munfordville, KY
    Our 2nd Broody BO... poor girl has been broody for about a month now.
    [​IMG]

So I decided today to give her some eggs (5 so far, 3 EE, 1 BO or RIR, I cant tell them apart, and 1 bantam, I want to add another bantam egg later)...
    What the heck, its just a couple more chickies
    [​IMG]

[​IMG] I'll start looking for chickies around the 26... Thanksgiving chickies! I'll just tell Dh they are my b-day present to me [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. mulia24

mulia24 Songster

she's a beauty hen, she should has hatched many babies if you let her handle some eggs month ago, shouldn't she?

i'll wait for the babies. [​IMG]

3. Jen4

Jen4 Songster

Sep 7, 2008
    Munfordville, KY
    Yeah... I thought she would stop being broody but nope, guess she wants some babies [​IMG]

4. Jen4

Jen4 Songster

Sep 7, 2008
    Munfordville, KY
    Well today makes 1 week [​IMG] BO broody is still sitting on the eggs, everythings going good... 2 more weeks til chickies [​IMG] [​IMG]

5. kathyinmo

kathyinmo Nothing In Moderation 9 Years

It's exciting! Keep us posted!

6. Jen4

Jen4 Songster

Sep 7, 2008
    Munfordville, KY
    I candled my eggs last night.... this is only the 2nd time I've ever candled. It looks to me like 5 out of the 6 have bloodvessles... the 6th egg I couldnt really tell, its one of the ee eggs I put under my broody. This is soooo exciting![​IMG]

7. Jen4

Jen4 Songster

Sep 7, 2008
    Munfordville, KY
    kathyinmo- I just checked out your BYC page... [​IMG] Nice.... your chickies are Beautiful!

8. Country Heart

Country Heart City Girl With A

Quote:Great news! [​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. Jen4

Jen4 Songster

Sep 7, 2008
    Munfordville, KY
    thank you

10. kathyinmo

kathyinmo Nothing In Moderation 9 Years

Quote:Oh, thank you.
    I sent out several test eggs, to celebrate my 1000th post. Today many of them are hatching. So, I am sitting here at the computer waiting for updates! Sure is fun!

I'm so glad you got a good candling! It's only 3 weeks, but it seems like forever!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by