Here we go again...

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Jen4, Nov 4, 2009.

1. Jen4

Jen4 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 7, 2008
    Munfordville, KY
    Our 2nd Broody BO... poor girl has been broody for about a month now.
    [​IMG]

So I decided today to give her some eggs (5 so far, 3 EE, 1 BO or RIR, I cant tell them apart, and 1 bantam, I want to add another bantam egg later)...
    What the heck, its just a couple more chickies
    [​IMG]

[​IMG] I'll start looking for chickies around the 26... Thanksgiving chickies! I'll just tell Dh they are my b-day present to me [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. mulia24

mulia24 Chillin' With My Peeps

she's a beauty hen, she should has hatched many babies if you let her handle some eggs month ago, shouldn't she?

i'll wait for the babies. [​IMG]

3. Jen4

Sep 7, 2008
    Munfordville, KY
    Yeah... I thought she would stop being broody but nope, guess she wants some babies [​IMG]

4. Jen4

Sep 7, 2008
    Munfordville, KY
    Well today makes 1 week [​IMG] BO broody is still sitting on the eggs, everythings going good... 2 more weeks til chickies [​IMG] [​IMG]

5. kathyinmo

kathyinmo Nothing In Moderation

It's exciting! Keep us posted!

6. Jen4

Sep 7, 2008
    Munfordville, KY
    I candled my eggs last night.... this is only the 2nd time I've ever candled. It looks to me like 5 out of the 6 have bloodvessles... the 6th egg I couldnt really tell, its one of the ee eggs I put under my broody. This is soooo exciting![​IMG]

7. Jen4

Sep 7, 2008
    Munfordville, KY
    kathyinmo- I just checked out your BYC page... [​IMG] Nice.... your chickies are Beautiful!

8. Country Heart

Country Heart City Girl With A

Quote:Great news! [​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. Jen4

Sep 7, 2008
    Munfordville, KY
    thank you

10. kathyinmo

kathyinmo Nothing In Moderation

Quote:Oh, thank you.
    I sent out several test eggs, to celebrate my 1000th post. Today many of them are hatching. So, I am sitting here at the computer waiting for updates! Sure is fun!

I'm so glad you got a good candling! It's only 3 weeks, but it seems like forever!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by