Here we go again

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Henny peeny, Mar 7, 2012.

1. Henny peeny

Henny peeny Chillin' With My Peeps

May 4, 2007
    NC
    I know I have many questions I am not around anyone that has chickens well know as much as all of you so let's see how dumb this question is

Do they mix breeds of chikens like they do dogs ok I know of sex link but as the call the dogs different names cockpoo labrdoodle puggle or what ever do they call these chickens of cross bred something like a

aconlusian-Ancona/Andalusian

Brahmeye-Brahma/Buckeye

Delaniker-Delaware/Dominiker

OK so they don't have good name but I think you can understand. I assume they are crosses for eggs but do the rooster get crossed for a reason to OOPS second question that may be of the dumb.

Rhayden

2. conny63malies

conny63malies Overrun With Chickens

Mar 22, 2008
    Annetta Kentucky
    i got a designer dog myself ,that got through DNA test outed as a Bagle. He is 75% basset and 25% beagle. But i never heard of designer chickens besides Showgirls. They are turken x silkie. Showgirls sounds better than tilkie or surken. and australorps is short for autralian orpington

3. Henny peeny

Henny peeny Chillin' With My Peeps

May 4, 2007
    NC
    you did a DNA on your dog?? wow that must be something to be able to see how much of a breed is in your dog AMAZING what they can see in the DNA huh? a..can a... may I ask is it exensive?? I have no clue as to how they can do this I reckon they can do this with people to see how much german and irish you have in you (I am german and irish so I pick this) That would be totally cool huh?

INTERESTING

Rhayden

4. Imp

Imp All things share the same breath- Chief Seattle

Here's one you can keep in an aquarium. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. b.hromada

b.hromada Flock Mistress

[​IMG] There you go!!!

6. conny63malies

conny63malies Overrun With Chickens

Mar 22, 2008
    Annetta Kentucky
    It was only like70- 100$ . It was buggging me that he looked like a basset, but sort of off. Too small ears too short and not sad enough. I was told by the original owner that the dad was prob. fox hound/treeing walker, but his legs were too short. They cannot find out every breed but the have found unique DNA markers for most popular 185 breeds. BTW i am 100% german

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by