Here we go again!!!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by mesz5, Nov 20, 2013.

1. mesz5

mesz5 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 18, 2013
    Meeker, Colorado
    I am getting eggs that look like this???? Seems fertilized to me!!
    [​IMG]

at 8 months old I am sure I would have heard a crow by now?? but these are the "suspects" does anyone see a Roo in this bunch??

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

#3... this little one has a "roach back" and really hasn't ever fuly developed... it stays FAR away from all the other chickens and appears to be lowest on the pecking order, so unless "he" is getting to the girls at night in the coop I don't really think its this one? also, we have Never gotten an egg for him/her??
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

and finally #4
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I honestly think I am losing my mind, I sure think I have all hens... BUT I have never seen eggs like these from the store.

2. pogmobum

pogmobum Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 28, 2013
    Ireland
    Well the egg is definitely fertilised presumably by that big black rooster with the large wattles :)

3. pogmobum

Mar 28, 2013
    Ireland
    Umber two is also a little suspect, just check them both for spurs on their legs thats how i cope sometimes it takes them forever to crow and when they do its always when your not looking! :) hope this helps

4. denise91

denise91 Out Of The Brooder

Oct 25, 2013
    Bullseye means fertilized! I would assume that #1 is the culprit. Possibly #2 but definitely not #3. I have a hen whose comb and wattles look identical to #3.

5. Shades of Blue

Shades of Blue Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 15, 2012
    Ontario, Canada
    I think #1 is your roo.....he is starting to get a curve in his tail feathers like a roo. He also has large wattles for a hen. In the other pics you have on the other thread it appeared that there were some saddle feathers but not so much in this pic.

6. mesz5

Mar 18, 2013
    Meeker, Colorado
    Thanks for the responses... #1, aka Pookie, has been my guess for a very long time!! It's exciting, I so wanted a rooster, now if I can just hear a Cock-a-doodle-do!!!!

7. mesz5

Mar 18, 2013
    Meeker, Colorado
    Tonight I checked for spurs... While everyone has "nubs" #1, Pookie, definitely has the biggest nubs! Guess I can assume I have the quietest Roo around, who keeps his "date-nights" away from public viewing! Haha

8. pogmobum

Mar 28, 2013
    Ireland
    Haha congrats :)

9. AKchicken1

AKchicken1 Out Of The Brooder

Nov 13, 2012
    Fairbanks, AK
    Definitely fertile and Pookie looks to be a roo for sure.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by