Here we go

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Dirtyhip, Oct 26, 2011.

1. Dirtyhip

Dirtyhip Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 30, 2011
    The Cascades
    First commute in the balaclava today. We will see if that is too hot for the hill. [​IMG]

No studs yet.

This was last year commuting in a storm with my sweetheart. The newspaper took a sneak pic at us.

[​IMG]

2. TriciaHowe

TriciaHowe Mother Hen

Nov 11, 2008
    Trenton, FL
    And that's why I live in Florida!! [​IMG]

3. Sleepy71

Sleepy71 Out Of The Brooder

Oct 25, 2011
    Jacksonville, FL
    Quote:Here, here! Last winter was cold enough, and I was just fine without any white stuff.

4. LittleChickenLady

LittleChickenLady Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 4, 2011
    Clanton, Alabama
    I hate snow!
    [​IMG]

We're hoping to be in Alabama before it starts.

[​IMG]

5. Illia

Illia Crazy for Colors

Oct 19, 2009
    Forks, WA
    You Floridians can go ahead and enjoy your Overcrowding, Hurricanes, Misquitoes, Gators, and Poisonous snakes - I'll enjoy my average 1.5 inches of snow a year.

6. MeatKing

MeatKing Chillin' With My Peeps

It's funny how we all love our own weather... My hubby is from east coast.. He hates lightening and storms.. Me ah, I sit on patio and talk on cordless phone... My BFF and I watch storm together, on the phone.. We've heard/saw a many a storm

Him being from where the have hurricanes more then lightening, is far more relaxed about the wind.. Me wind pics up, and I got a backpack ready to go.. Water filled, Cars moved away from trees... Escape plan for time of day.. (In my head) He just says, or that's nothing...

So i think we are all conditoned to believe our weather is way better, then anyone elses.. It's how we survive.. EI, I know if it's
    -40 in the winter, We are not getting a pile of snow!!!(Sorry I really need to learn the conversion..)
    Yeah, bring on the cold!!

7. Dirtyhip

Dirtyhip Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 30, 2011
    The Cascades
    The hill wasn't so bad. I was dressed perfectly. Decided to go for a skull cap instead of the balaclava.

It was high 20's. The ride was brisk.

The new jacket was cute and comfy.

[​IMG]

8. Glenmar

Glenmar Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 17, 2011
    VIRGINIA
    Brrrrrr......[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by