Here we goooooo.....in the coop ( pics added )

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by StormyMoon, May 18, 2010.

1. StormyMoon

StormyMoon Chillin' With My Peeps

May 1, 2010
    Alvarado, TX
    Its my baby Barred Rocks first night out side the house and in their new home.........I feel sad in a way I miss hearing them

Update:

Well it feels like weeks lol but its only been a short time my babies are out of the house.

[​IMG]
    They have a bed up stairs and one down [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    nibbling on some grass

I still miss them in the house but I know they are happier out side where they have lots of room to run and poo lol

Last edited: May 20, 2010
  2. stanglover2001

stanglover2001 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 29, 2010
    LOL... I just put my 14 2-week old barred rocks out along with 3 buffs, 1 rir, and 2 rir/barred mix.... I don't really miss the mess in the back bedroom or the dust the room was covered in.... but I still have 3 half-week old silver laced wyandotte chicks so I can hear them for another couple weeks and since there's only 3 they'll stay in longer [​IMG]

3. StormyMoon

May 1, 2010
    Alvarado, TX
    Its only 4 of them we didn't have any issues with the dust at all, but their pew OMG it stunk to high heaven lol.

They were climbing all over my sofa, their brooder was to small for them any more. It was time for them to go out.

I can go sit with them out there when I want to and maybe they will come up to the porch to visit me waaaaaaaaaaaaa

4. stanglover2001

Apr 29, 2010
    Well I'm sure you'll get addicted like me and get more lol...
    This morning I went out to feed the babies and 1 decided he'd jump out of my finisher brooder, so when I went to grab him he ran and my arm caught the rusty dirty tin that we used as a roof (the finisher brooder was a last minute thing to get the 20 babies outside out of my house) so we used the tin that was sitting under our porch in the dirt... now today I have to go to the Dr's to get a Tetanus booster [​IMG] These chicks are gonna kill me... lol but they certainly brighten my life [​IMG]
    I hope you have better luck than me [​IMG]

5. MiniBeesKnees

MiniBeesKnees Chillin' With My Peeps

Just a head's up...and it may not effect you but I got a tetnus shot last fall and it made me feel like cwap for a week....the first four days the I"m not getting out of bed today sick. No issue with other shots like all the flu ones or the penumonia one but that tetnus shot? I'll really have to be talked into getting another one in ten years.

6. MiniBeesKnees

MiniBeesKnees Chillin' With My Peeps

Oh...not that I'm suggesting you not get it. I'm just thinking that next time I'm gonna have to plan for it.

7. gryeyes

gryeyes Covered in Pet Hair & Feathers

I have four chicks left in my bathroom brooder. They're close to six weeks old, but 3 of them are bantams. So they're not out of room yet... nor have they succeeded in jumping out of the brooder. I think I'll keep them there for 2 more weeks or until I find one standing in the middle of the bath mat looking at me, with that "What? You lookin' at ME?" expression when I open the door to the bathroom.

Alice, Georgia, Charlotte and Lola. 2 Sebrights (hopefully pullets!), a Buff Brahma, and a bantam black cochin. They're too bitty to go outside! Regardless of the daytime 70s temps. Said she, like a doting mother....

Last edited: May 19, 2010
  8. stanglover2001

Apr 29, 2010
    [​IMG]
    Yeah, went ahead and got the Tetanus shot since my last one was more than 5 years ago... they said the cut was 5 inches long [​IMG] lol... my arm hurts since the shot was right above the cut [​IMG] but other than that I'm alright and feel fine...

9. StormyMoon

May 1, 2010
    Alvarado, TX
    Quote:Oh no I hope your ok

10. StormyMoon

May 1, 2010
    Alvarado, TX
    Well Mr Grey and all 3 girls are doing great out side. I worry about them as storms come up and can be really bad here in texas.
    We are expecting a storm tonight and they need to get use to the noise of a storm but I will check on them after it passes.

They havent used their roost or box I made them, they keep sleeping on the floor next to the door like as if they wished I would hurry up and come get them and bring them inside.
    Of course I believe this is my mind speaking for them lol

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by