Here'a a pic of my fav. girls!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by chickenranchwife, Feb 3, 2008.

1. chickenranchwife

chickenranchwife Chillin' With My Peeps

[​IMG][​IMG] My little girl and her fav. chicken. The chickens name is Owl, and she's an aracauna.

2. seminolewind

seminolewind Flock Mistress Premium Member

Sep 6, 2007
    spring hill, florida
    Very cute girls. Can I borrow them?

3. tx_dane_mom

tx_dane_mom Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 23, 2007
    SE Texas
    Aww Owl is marked so much like a Light Brahma, she is beautiful. Your little girl is beautiful too [​IMG]
    Kristi

4. Fancy Feather Poultry

Fancy Feather Poultry Cooped Up

May 30, 2007
    Sorry to go off topic, but what time is it where you are TX_dane

5. tx_dane_mom

tx_dane_mom Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 23, 2007
    SE Texas
    11:41p...doing my 'dane showing homework' [​IMG]
    you?

6. chickenranchwife

Thanks, Owl is the tamest chicken we have. She loves the attention. I have a few more pics, but can't get to them tonight. Need to head for bed. Sister loves the chickens, and loves the attention too!

Sorry Seminole can't borrow them, you wouldn't return them! LOL

7. rosyposyosy

rosyposyosy Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 11, 2007
    Hate to say it, but that is an Easter Egger, not an araucana. Easter Eggers are mutts with a blue egg laying gene somewhere in there. Pretty every "ameraucana/araucana" is an Easter Egger if it came from a hatchery.

8. chickenranchwife

Quote:Whether she is or isn't an aracauna, she is friendly! I bought her as an aracauna from Runnings and yes she came from Hoover hatchery. I like her and she likes us. That's all that matters.

So what is the difference? How can you tell?

9. chickenranchwife

[​IMG][​IMG]

10. airmom1c05

airmom1c05 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 3, 2008
    Raymond, Mississippi
    I'm with you! Owl is awesome looking. Any chicken that will let you hold it is a great pet. My Brandy mixed hen is like that. Your little girl is precious, too. I bet my Americauna is really and Easter Egg chicken, too. She's mostly black and her feather's remind me of a black Dahlia which is why I named her Dahlia. She's young enough that I think I can tame her. She's not easy to catch, but once I do catch her she will eat out of my hand. There are places where you can find out whether you have the real pure bred chicken or not. I'll try to find the site and let you know, but like you said....it really doesn't matter if you're not a breeder or shower. I bet you can show even a mixed breed, but I'm not sure. If you can, I'm going to show Brandy!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by