Here's a good one to think about

Discussion in 'Peafowl' started by Choctaw Valley Farm, Apr 21, 2011.

1. Choctaw Valley Farm

Choctaw Valley Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 16, 2010
    Oklahoma
    Do you think a Peacock can tell if a Peahen has mated with another Peacock?.

OK, lets say you have a Peahen in with another male then you deside you want her with another male so you swap her to the new pen, do you think he will treat her like a cheating wife? maybe she has the smell of the other male and the new male can smell it.

Lets hear what you guys think, then I will tell you story behind this post.

Last edited: Apr 21, 2011
  2. C&Rman

C&Rman Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 26, 2011
    Nevada
    I don't think they could tell, unless the new male seen them toghther. And if he could tell I don't think he would think of her as a cheating wife maybe a divorsed one LOL.

3. jimmythechicken

jimmythechicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 8, 2010
    mansfield
    i think they could they seem to care more about each other then any other bird i have seen the seem very close.an ours seem to have like a wife peahen that they follow ever where kind of fun to watch.

4. Choctaw Valley Farm

Jan 16, 2010
    Oklahoma
    More about this story: I lost my 7/8 Spalding Pied male do to frost bite, So a breeder friend of mine out of Kansas loaned me a 7/8 Spalding White male along with a Spalding White hen now this hen was with another White male when we caught her. OK got them home put both in with my Spalding Pied hens (which he likes) (Pied male dead about a month) and he beat the dog out of the White hen. Now this could be a White thing I have had Blue males beat up White hens but never White on White.

5. millebantam

millebantam Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 24, 2008
    Little Rhody
    Nothin' a rattle can of Rustoleum green couldn't fix. Turn her into an Emerald and that white dude will bring her flowers. Sorry, couldn't resist.

6. wannabchick

wannabchick Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 27, 2010
    Northen Va
    Total... Hoe... thats what he thinks of her.. a total.............. hoe..hehehehehehehe

7. Choctaw Valley Farm

Jan 16, 2010
    Oklahoma
    Out of 10 years of breeding Peafowl we have never had a White male beat up on anything, now we have had Blue and other color males about kill White hens but never White males.

8. deerman

deerman Rest in Peace 1949-2012

Aug 24, 2008
    Southern Ohio
    its that 7/8 blood , at least what i understand of high % spalding.

9. Choctaw Valley Farm

Jan 16, 2010
    Oklahoma
    Quote:Why not the two Pied hens? and just the White one? Makes me wonder if they know.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by