Here's a pic of our first coop in process

Texas Tams

In the Brooder
6 Years
Feb 5, 2013
Grandview, Texas
Greetings from Texas!

Hubby and I are in process of building our first coop. We moved to the country (5 acres) last August. I have always wanted to have chickens and so we've done a lot of research over the winter and we just started building our coop. We have in the brooder now our pullets that are growing nicely...we have 3 Barred Rocks, 3 Buff's Orpingtons, 2 RIR's (3rd one didn't make it) 2 White Leghorns, 2 Black Leghorns and 1 Black Cochin in which we have no idea what it is...I guess if it starts "cocka--doddle-doing" we know then, lol!!!...that's a total of my lucky number of 13.... 13 fuzzy babies!

We should be able to finish the siding this weekend and then start on the interior. The coop is 10x12....Hubby said he knows how I am and only wants to build it once so he's going bigger than what I think I needed for growth. We are planning to have a little closed off storage area inside for supplies. I've been looking at everyone's pics and have gotten a lot of ideas, love this site! ~Tams~

Originally, mine was going to be 8 x 6. Then, I decided 10 x 6. Now, I'm up to 10 x 8, and I haven't even started building yet. I'm trying to talk the powers that be into a 10 x 10...oh, and yes, we should add some on to the proposed run as well just for good measure.
yesss.gif

Back
Top Bottom