Here's June!

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by speckledhen, Jun 20, 2008.

1. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

This pretty 12-week-old pullet came from an egg that was supposed to contain a Salmon Ameraucana. (That Salmon color is still considered an Easter Egger till accepted into the standard). Well, she isn't Salmon. However, I think she's a beauty with her blue beard! Obviously, there was a blue wheaten somewhere in her background, at least it looks like it to me. She was so skittish until someone took the three cockerels who were housed with her and we put her in with the 25 eight-week-old chicks we have left. Now, I'm her very best pal, LOL, a harbor in the storm. The younger cockerels are very hostile to her, while all the other pullets have accepted her easily.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 20, 2008
  2. asher

asher Chicken Enabler Extraordinaire

Jan 26, 2007
    Mountains of NC
    Ohhh! Pretty!!! You know I like the blues! She's lovely!

3. Bec

Bec THE Delaware Blue Hen

Wow!! She is a Beauty!!!!! I hope my new babies turn out pretty like that!!!
    I LOVE the blue beard!!

4. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

Thanks. She has blue feathers interspersed throughout her body and tail. I think she's just stunning. She was a gift from my friend helmstead. We had her blue "sister", Nora, till Nora bloomed into a Norton, LOL.

5. McGoo

McGoo Chillin' With My Peeps

Very pretty gal! [​IMG]

6. Solsken Farm

Solsken Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Love her!!!!!!!!!![​IMG]

7. justusnak

justusnak Flock Mistress

Wow, Cyn...she is beautifull!!! You seem to get the prettiest birds ever! ok, im jealous! LOL J/K [​IMG] ...but she IS beautifull....no joking there!

8. coffeemama

coffeemama Barista Queen

Mar 5, 2008
    Oregono
    Oh wow!! Love her blue coloring!

9. sweetshoplady

sweetshoplady Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 4, 2008
    Venice, Florida
    She's beautiful!

10. steffpeck

steffpeck Chillin' With My Peeps