Here's my babies...much bigger

Bisqit&Gravy

Songster
11 Years
Mar 14, 2008
They are 6 weeks old??? I think? Well except for Crusty who hatched a week later. They've been moved around so much b/c they are sooooooo nasty!!! I moved them again this afternoon and just divided a section of the duck yard off for them. It's been raining for days here and so disgusting outside but all the ducks love it!!
They are still yound but I think it's very obvious what sex I have from the sound of them...3 girls, 2 boys unless Crusty changes as he or she gets older.

Here they are..... They've been outside for weeks now b/c I had no other place for them that was easy to keep clean.

Taking a bath in the bigger tub...
Picture118.jpg

Clean duckies:)
Picture.jpg

I was tempted to move the poultry netting from around my tortoise pens but my adults had no probelm going over the cinder blocks so I scrapped up some left over netting:)
Picture117.jpg

Crusty was the tee tiny sickly one that the others stomped on before I got home. Someone here suggested the name b/c she/he was crusted up with poo.

Since ya asked about the torts...My 4 yr old died last weekend. I'm shocked she lived that long with the bad start in life she got. She was an expensive tort from road trips to reptile vets. Here's the only one I have now...she's a russian tort and 3 yrs old. Next year she gets both enclosures b/c we're gonna take a wall of cinder blocks down.

It rained for days here so she's got caked up mud on her in this pic.
Topaz2.jpg

i love the tortoise! I miss having a tortoise, my mom killed hers, poor thing suffered in her care for a year before dying (and he was only a year old....).

sad.png

It's nice to see someone giving them the correct care and such...i mean a tortoise cannot live outside here in the winter (PA) but if i ever have one, it will have a spring/summer outdoor enclosure to enjoy life in and in the winter, a large enclosure indoors.

smile.png
They make wonderful pets.
smile.png
---well for people willing to care for them properly like you!
big_smile.png
hugs.gif

Back
Top Bottom