Heres my first coop!!!

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by chickengal30, Mar 18, 2011.

1. chickengal30

chickengal30 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 13, 2011
    West coast of Florida.
    [​IMG]

I got this super playhouse two weeks ago, on Craigs list, for $200. We had to dismantle it to get it out of the sellers back yard, so while its like that, I'm painting it, then Ill put it back together, caulk it, and do the final coat of paint.
    Im super excited about it!
    Its going to be eggshell (of course!) blue with white trim and dark blue doors and shutters! Im going to have the run come off of the right hand side of the house, where the door with diamond cut outs are, then Im going to have hardware cloth over all of the other openings and keep the front of the house, the porch area all clean and cute with flowers etc. Ill try and keep you all upto date on my progress and of course lots of pics when I get my birds![​IMG]

2. goldeneggtees

goldeneggtees Fluffy Butt Nut

Mar 11, 2009
    Long Island, NY
    absolutely adorable!!!

3. Junior Homesteader

Junior Homesteader New Egg

Mar 18, 2011
    That's awesome!! My littlest daughter would be fighting the chicks for time in that house!

We're hoping to have a little cottage look to ours when it's finished. Can't wait to see your progress.

4. Erinmir

Erinmir Out Of The Brooder

Mar 8, 2011
    West Alexander, PA
    SO adorable!!!!! [​IMG]

Gee, wish I could find something like that for our coop! What a bargain! Of course, my nieces would be mad at me for making it into a chicken-coop instead of keeping it for them to play in. [​IMG]

5. dkvart1

dkvart1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 5, 2010
    How cute! Can't wait to see it all painted up and decked out with flowers!

6. rilly10

rilly10 Clover Field Farm

May 18, 2010
    Pottstown, PA
    Sooo cute! What a great find! I can't wait to see updates! [​IMG]

7. Pharm Girl

Pharm Girl Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 6, 2011
    Adorable and a great price. You will have a great time dressing it up. I think I like my chickens and coops so much because I only have sons and it is like playing with a large doll house. Getting everything ready for the girls and decorating. OK, dolls that poop a lot!
    Keep up the pictures!

8. Chickadee55

Chickadee55 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 17, 2010
    Central Florida
    Be sure to put up a picture after it's all painted. Very nice! [​IMG]

9. jenesis536

jenesis536 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 3, 2010
    CA
    Score!!! We got an old playhouse on CL for $75 and re-did it, but yours is way cuter! Can't wait to see it updated!

10. chickengal30

chickengal30 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 13, 2011
    West coast of Florida.
    Thanks for your kind replys, only chicken people understand the thrill of finding a sutible building for a coop and fixing it up, etc. [​IMG] I showed my neighbor the playhouse all excitibly and got as much enthusiasm as if Id shown him a feild of grass [​IMG] ...ha ha ha, so thanks for your interest, gotta share my glee with someone!! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by