Here's my New Years Resolution - and I'm sticking to it!!!!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by chickensioux, Jan 1, 2010.

1. chickensioux

chickensioux Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 12, 2009
    Western North Carolina
    [​IMG]

2. rebelcowboysnb

rebelcowboysnb Confederate Money Farm

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. Julie_A

Julie_A Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 20, 2008
    Brewton, Ala.
    My New Year's resolutions are to read my Bible more, walk more, drink more water, eat less refined sugar, keep a neater house and

LIVE LIFE TO THE FULLEST WHILE I STILL CAN!

Also, only get chickens I truly want and not get stuff because it's there, on sale or cute. [​IMG]

Happy New Year!!! [​IMG]

4. Oblio13

Oblio13 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 26, 2008
    New Hampshire
    My resolution is to seek out the dark forces and join their hellish crusade. [​IMG]

5. country freedom

country freedom Chillin' With My Peeps

Mine - I've started before Thanksgiving:
    1.) Already weaned myself off any kind of sodapop, kool-ade - they are man-made chemicals! YUCK!
    2.) Already weaned myself off any kind of chocolate - that extra sugar is what I don't need to put into my body!
    3.) I try very hard (I read ingredients) not do any kind of artificial sweetner - man-made chemicals aren't for my body!
    4.) Trying to wean myself off of hot tea with 3-4 level/slightly rounded tsps of powdered creamer and 2-3 level/slightly rounded tsps of sugar - - 2 cups morning/2 cups bedtime (I love my tea LOL)
    I tried hot tea with honey, but I only drank half a cup each morning before I had to go to work, and I didn't drink any before bedtime, and I tried to do this for a week, but, I couldn't do it any longer. [​IMG]
    Although I do use honey for my pancake (I have one, once in a while), if I don't have any fruit topping, and I don't use sugar sprinkled over my pancake any longer.
    Who has tried the sweet-leafed plant called Stevia? How do you sweeten anything you drink with it's leaves? Do you bruise or crumble it's leaves? How many leaves do you use?
    No, I won't try the artificial stevia sweetner, or even splenda! No, I won't! I understand that I am using a man-made creamer, but, being lactose intolerant, I consider it tolerable, (any sage advice on not using this would be thoughtfully considered)
    5.) Being lactose intolerant, I have stopped all dairy, except butter/margarine. I now use half of what I used to, on my pancake. I still cook with it though.
    6.) I eat my oatmeal with only fruit, crunchy granola cereal, or nothing in it at all.
    7.) I do eat more bird, than beef, I only like fried liver, pork I will eat any way cooked, and I don't eat processed meat, and I hardly eat any fish/seafood type foods. I do like baked/boiled bird. I can't stand grilled, though [​IMG] . My weakness is fried foods, and I am trying, but, this is hard.
    8.) I do eat more vegies and fruit, than I used to.
    9.) I have cut down on my usage of salt, as my left foot tattles on me!
    10.) I do drink alot more water.

So far, I do think I am doing quite well, as I have lost 25 lbs. so far, since before Thanksgiving, and, I only ate a saucerful of food on Turkeyday - I really didn't like how the foods were cooked. I was banned from the kitchen, since my oldest DD and my DFiance' was both cooking that day.

My hardest is my weakest - 1.) Hot tea with sugar and artificial creamer < I may not be able to totally buck this way of making my tea. (I drink iced tea very lightly sweetened with sugar, once in a while)
    2.) Fried foods - like fried bird, fried liver, fried mushrooms, fried onions, fried eggs, ect.

I do take into consideration that I don't eat the best choices while at work (McD's), but, my body does let my know when it has had enough of a certain food, so I am making some progress at work, also, I do, on nice days, walk halfway to work, and I do move around quite alot at work, but, I already know I can excercise harder.

Last edited: Jan 3, 2010

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by