Here's our Mystery Rooster again

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Thinkingaboutit, Sep 20, 2010.

1. Thinkingaboutit

Thinkingaboutit Out Of The Brooder

Sep 2, 2010
    With some better pictures as he came up closer to the house now that we have a couple of chickens for him to socialize with. so we could get some closer pictures of him.

He pretty much stays in our yard now but he will wander into the closest neighbors yard during the day but not much as he wants to stay close to the chickens.

Someone suggested he was an american game rooster, but does anyone else have any ideas?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Whatever he is, he is beautiful and we are enjoying him and now his girls!

Lisa

2. Illia

Illia Crazy for Colors

Oct 19, 2009
    Forks, WA
    No, far from American Game. [​IMG]

Does he have a pea (three rows of bumps) or a rose comb (flat but with bumps on the top) ? It surely isn't single. That can help us narrow the choices down.

He may just be a mutt though.

3. BirdNut

BirdNut Overrun With Chickens

Sep 13, 2010
    Suprise, Arizona
    I agree, that isn't an American game. He looks like he could be a mutt to me too, we need to see that comb. From what I can tell, it could be a pea comb, or a walnut comb. It seems too small to be a rose comb.

4. Chickie'sMoma

Chickie'sMoma Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 21, 2009
    Rochester, NH
    what ever he is he has a beautiful tail!

if you live in an area that gets really cold winters he could have lost his single comb to frostbite. so if you could get a good close up of that comb that would really help tell what he could be!

5. thespinningcottage

thespinningcottage Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 24, 2009
    Arcadia, Florida
    Oh my gosh! I thought you were posting a picture of one of our BCM/Easter Egger roosters. They look absolutely exactly like him if he does in fact have a pea comb. Several of ours have fluffy cheeks and a couple don't, and several have feathered legs and a couple don't. I hope you can continue enjoying him!

6. Lbrad7

Lbrad7 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 19, 2010
    Ringgold, GA
    He is pretty but looks like a mixed mutt to me.

7. Thinkingaboutit

Thinkingaboutit Out Of The Brooder

Sep 2, 2010
    He is so hard to get pictures of because you can't get close to him and obviously I need a better camera!!! lol

I will try to get a better picture of him. At least he is staying in the yard now and not wandering so far away during the day so hopefully I will catch him off guard and get a better picture of his face.

Thanks again everyone!

A mutt...lol...that is funny!!!

Lisa

8. Chickie'sMoma

Chickie'sMoma Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 21, 2009
    Rochester, NH
    lots of treats! seeds like sunflowers or maybe some edible flowers like marigolds or nasturtium would work. or even some scratch and meal worms!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by