Here's Papa, my boss roo

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by ginasmarans, Jan 23, 2008.

1. ginasmarans

ginasmarans Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 15, 2007
    West Tn
    This is a little better pic of Papa. My camera is a cheapo. He is out of a RIR roo and a Buff Orp hen. He has the best disposition and is a great guy.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 23, 2008
  2. coloradochick

coloradochick Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 19, 2007
    Brighton, CO
    He's handsome !!

3. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

I know Papa! Hey, if he mated my Meg, also a RIR/Buff Orp cross, would the resulting chicks still be half RIR, half Buff Orp, LOL?

4. tiki244

tiki244 Flock Mistress

Jan 1, 2008
    WestCentralWisconsin
    He looks like a very nice boy! That would be a good mating to see what the babies are.

5. ginasmarans

Jan 15, 2007
    West Tn
    Maybe we should plan a play date for Papa and Meg. [​IMG]. I guess you could get pure RIR and buff Orp or they could be the same mix. That would be interesting. Need to mapquest how far I am away from you. I'm in Pinson,Tn.

6. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

LOL, Gina I checked Rand McNally- we're only 348 miles apart, completely reasonable for a chicken playdate, right?!

7. CovenantCreek

CovenantCreek Chicks Rule!

Oct 19, 2007
    Franklin, TN
    I think the "easy" math is 25% RIR, 25% BO, 50% mix. Unfortunately, genes rarely take the easy way. [​IMG]

8. ginasmarans

Jan 15, 2007
    West Tn
    Why not? Can you say road trip? Many,many,many,many moons ago, some of my college friends and I drove from Martin,Tn to Paducah, Ky just because my friend,Bobby had never u-hem, urinated off a bridge in Ky. We (about 7) of us loaded up in my 1960 bel-air Chevy(the bat boat) and took off. We had been doing some heavy coffee drinking at Shoney's and Bobby was going to walk and hey, friends don't let friends walk nervous.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by