Here's some stuff bout me. Lol

Buffychicken62

Chirping
Oct 22, 2021
(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?
We had chickens the whole time I was growing up in Wyoming. My dad loved chickens and had the ones with hairy legs even. Now I am caring for his chickens and we have a huge incubator that I learned to use. Wooohooo! 8 baby chicks!

(2) How many chickens do you have right now? 32 (in 3 different areas)

(3) What breeds do you have?
Orange, black, white, and speckly. Hahaha

(4) What are your favorite aspects of raising backyard chickens? Daily egg hunt..kinda like looking for Easter eggs. Lol

(5) What are some of your other hobbies? Building children's furniture and painting oil landscapes or about anything.

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share. I was born and raised in Wyoming and I operated equipment in a coal mine for 15 years. Tired of the cold and moved to Texas then ended up in Missouri cuz I inherited my parents home, land, and animals. Lol. I have 2 grown children and I unfortunately lost my entire immediate family in the last 18 months. Bad year. My parents' home came with chickens also, so I'm trying to do crash courses on raising them but having a good time with it. So far. And I'm trying to be a farmer! Everything is a mess but I'm figuring it out. Haha. Oh and I have 2 English Bulldogs that are like my kids. 🥰

(7) Bonus: How did you find BYC, how long have you known about BYC, and what made you finally join our awesome community? :D
I was desperately searching online for a site that had chicken answers..then I loved the name of Byc when I found it. So here I am! And I have to add that everyone on here is extremely friendly!
I'm hoping this book I wrote will be posted in the correct thread and I won't get kicked to the curb right off the bat. 😂 I tried to figure out this site but I'm not a pro yet. Obviously.
It's rather humbling to admit that I'm kinda clueless with much of this new technology and this trying to find my way around these "threads". One wrong click and poof, everything I typed could be gone forever 😂😂
Somebody feel free to send me some helpful advice please. Haha!

Buffychicken62

Chirping
Oct 22, 2021
We moved due to my husband getting a job up here. It's been quite the change :lol:

How are you liking Missouri?
Not a big fan of the humidity and bugs the size of a 747..haha. But I'm way down south by Arkansas border and I can actually grow a garden without hardly trying! It's crazy.

I heard that Gillette area got 20" of snow recently and I suspect you got the same or maybe more! You only get about 3 months of really warm weather there so you're probably missing Florida bad right now. I feel for ya..

Top Bottom