Hergnies In Northern Cyprus

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by Jllvehdist, May 23, 2016.

1. Jllvehdist

Jllvehdist New Egg

Jan 4, 2016
    Northern Cyprus
    I have just hatched 6 Hergnies chicks I brought back from the UK.

I think they are not only the only ones in Northern Cyprus, but the only ones in the whole of Cyprus..

I would be interested to hear from anyone else that has bred them.

I went to see one of the only Guys in the UK that has a breeding flock. They are very fast growing and attractive birds.

If anyone is interested I will forward his e mail to you.

Last edited: May 23, 2016
  2. sumi

sumi Égalité Staff Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Rep of Ireland
    This is a really lovely breed, I looked them up now, after seeing your post. Have you got some pics of your chicks?

3. azygous

azygous Chicken Obsessed

Dec 11, 2009
    Colorado Rockies
  4. Jllvehdist

Jllvehdist New Egg

Jan 4, 2016
    Northern Cyprus
  5. Denise1963

Denise1963 New Egg

Apr 3, 2017
    Potamiou
    Hi I am interested. I have just moved to the the village of Potamiou and I would be very interested in talking to you about your fantastic hens and if you are able to sell any? I have found it difficult to find anything here in Cyprus to supply hens or hen accessories and perhaps we could chat as I would love to hear about your adventures with your new hens.

I note alot of these posts are old on this site and therefore Im not sure if I will get a reply or not but I prefer to stay postive in the hope I can find some like minded friends as most expats here think I am mad to like chickens.

bye for now
    Denise

6. Denise1963

Denise1963 New Egg

Apr 3, 2017
    Potamiou
    Hi I am interested. I have just moved to the the village of Potamiou and I would be very interested in talking to you about your fantastic hens and if you are able to sell any? I have found it difficult to find anything here in Cyprus to supply hens or hen accessories and perhaps we could chat as I would love to hear about your adventures with your new hens. I note alot of these posts are old on this site and therefore Im not sure if I will get a reply or not but I prefer to stay postive in the hope I can find some like minded friends as most expats here think I am mad to like chickens. bye for now Denise

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by