Heritage Breed Hatching Eggs

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by Stevenson, Mar 7, 2011.

1. Stevenson

Stevenson Songster

Feb 5, 2011
    Southwest Indiana
    I am going to be raising Delaware as my primary breed and I have chicks and hatching eggs coming. I would like to have Speckled Sussex as a secondary breed and then have some other breeds as well to add a little color and personality to my flock. I would like to get around a dozen Speckled Sussex hatching eggs and six plus eggs from a few of the following: Mottled Java, Barnvelder, Dominique, and Buckeye.

My plan is to keep about 14-15 Delawares, 6 Speckled Sussex, and 5 or 6 others.

It would be great if someone had a few breeds and could send hatching eggs from several at once. Also, while I am not going to be breeding any of these except Delaware and probably Speckled Sussex, but I would prefer breeder stock on the others as well.

Thanks!

Last edited: Mar 7, 2011
  2. Cjarvis

Cjarvis Songster

Mar 5, 2011
    There was an article in exihibition poultry magazine, an online free publication, one of the founders of the preservation for poultry antiquities was offering chicks through the month of may I believe. here is a link to this months issue: http://www.exhibitionpoultry.net/images/2.3.pdf

here is an excerpt from the article.
    Urch, who was one of the founders
    of the Society for Preservation of Poultry
    Antiquities, has Buckeye, Dominique,
    Java and Cubalaya chicks available
    through May. Call him at 507-451-6782

3. Stevenson

Stevenson Songster

Feb 5, 2011
    Southwest Indiana
    Quote:Thanks! I'll check it out!

4. Engteacher

Engteacher Poultry, Poetry, and Prose

Sep 1, 2009
    Hastings, MN
    I have black java hatching eggs. Our stock is from Duane Urch. PM me if you are interested.

5. itsmyobsession

itsmyobsession Songster

Jun 22, 2010
    Georgia
    I have Speckled Sussex and Dominiques I could send both at the same time. PM me if interested.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: