Heritage Plymouth Barred Rock/Show Quality Rock Thread

Oh I know that part I was just curious if there’s any other colors of rocks you could breed to the barres and still come out with a legit color
Okay, I understand your question now. Should've read further.

You could make Buff Barred Rocks by crossing a Barred Rock rooster with a Barred Rock hen. First generation offspring all be Barred, males produced will be single Barred.
Breeding the siblings will produce double Barred males.

My barred rock is heritage. She doesn’t have the best personality and her body shape seems like a square instead of round, I find it quite interesting. She’s around 9 months and is not laying yet but I am hoping for an egg in a month or two at least. Her barring is very pretty but since she’s a hatchery bird she does have imperfections like black feathers all over her body. I’ll add a pic of just one of her many imperfect feathers. Although I do find the feather very pretty since it’s half barred half black.
45A2D69B-E802-4877-B71E-C4CB3C4BFB27.jpeg
E3AC4789-1B66-48E4-B3B9-6962D5C080E4.jpeg

My barred rock is heritage. She doesn’t have the best personality and her body shape seems like a square instead of round, I find it quite interesting. She’s around 9 months and is not laying yet but I am hoping for an egg in a month or two at least. Her barring is very pretty but since she’s a hatchery bird she does have imperfections like black feathers all over her body. I’ll add a pic of just one of her many imperfect feathers. Although I do find the feather very pretty since it’s half barred half black.View attachment 2501991View attachment 2501992
Even Heritage Plymouth Barred Rocks can have flaws, it's even expected to happen occasionally with breeders too.

Where did you get your's?

Even Heritage Plymouth Barred Rocks can have flaws, it's even expected to happen occasionally with breeders too.

Where did you get your's?
I am guessing she’s from Meyers. I do know that they can have flaws, any chicken can, but I’d just prefer not to have them. Since I’m not breeding her I guess it doesn’t really matter though.

I am guessing she’s from Meyers. I do know that they can have flaws, any chicken can, but I’d just prefer not to have them. Since I’m not breeding her I guess it doesn’t really matter though.
Mines from Meyer's, & my first Heritage pullet feathered out nice, & clean. With every molt at each stage of growth became extra pretty. No flaws in her pattern, or body type.

My cockerel is turning out to be a stunner.

My other pullet is going though a messy stage of growth, her pattern isn't perfect, but it seems to be fixing it's self with every molt.

Yeah, it shouldn't really matter since you're not breeding her. Which I get.

How do you know if your barred rocks are heritage or not? The guy I bought my 4 from didn’t say they were but I’m just curious.

Attachments

• F82E5EEE-73EC-456E-A260-73ED0CE150FF.jpeg
    F82E5EEE-73EC-456E-A260-73ED0CE150FF.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 6
  • EB334C24-67F0-410F-B0F5-692CAD313F1E.jpeg
    EB334C24-67F0-410F-B0F5-692CAD313F1E.jpeg
    678.3 KB · Views: 5
  • 14EECF26-38F5-425C-9DEC-03A8DACDAF99.jpeg
    14EECF26-38F5-425C-9DEC-03A8DACDAF99.jpeg
    995.2 KB · Views: 5

Back
Top Bottom