1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Heritage Turkey Eggs For Sale in Ohio-Sold Thank You

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by Skyesrocket, Apr 27, 2009.

1. Skyesrocket

Skyesrocket Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 20, 2008
    I have 6 Holland White Turkey Eggs for sale in Ohio. Price is $25 and that includes well packaged shipping.
    So far I have had 2 positive transactions with these eggs on BYC. And the buyers were kind enough to leave positive feedback. I also sell on Ebay under moody9 and have excellent feedback there.
    Holland Whites are a heritage breed of turkey and can reproduce. These are not the broad breasted that must be butchered due to their weight.
    If interested please message me and I will give you my email addy for Paypal. Paypal only please. Thanks! [​IMG]
    These eggs are sold out for now. I will post again when I have more available. Thanks!

Last edited: Apr 27, 2009
  2. sonew123

sonew123 Poultry Snuggie

Mar 16, 2009
    onchiota NY
    how old are these birds when they need to be butchered?

3. Skyesrocket

Skyesrocket Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 20, 2008
    Heritage breeds take longer to reach butchering size than the commercially grown genetically engineered broad breasted turkeys.
    Butchering size in heritage breeds takes 26-30 weeks. I don't butcher my birds, but this is what I have read.
    The point I was trying to make in my post is that heritage breeds don't have to be butchered because of fast weight gain that interfers with the birds walking and hearts and breeding.
    Heritage breeds, like the Holland Whites, can be used in egg production or just to have around the farm without worrying about the physical problems broad breasted turkeys have due to rapid growth and weight.
    They can be used for eating but they do take longer to grow out.
    I hope this answers your question.
    The eggs have been sold out for now. Thanks for your interest. I will post again when I have more available.

4. sonew123

sonew123 Poultry Snuggie

Mar 16, 2009
    onchiota NY
    thank you for explaining-very nicely put

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by