Heritage Turkey Flock -Morrow, AR 72717

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by rarebreedeggs4u, Jan 15, 2010.

1. rarebreedeggs4u

rarebreedeggs4u Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 27, 2009
    Morrow, AR
    These birds have been successfully free ranging since they were 6 weeks old. They even pecked on the back door on July 4th to see if we would bring them some treats too!!

There are 3 toms and 5 hens. The oldest hen was hatched in February 2009 and the others were hatched in May and June of 2009. They should be laying anytime. The toms are (2) Bourbon Red and (1) Harvest Gold/Midget White cross (he appears Bronze patterned). The hens are (2) Bourbon Red ,(2) Harvest Gold/Midget White cross (appear Black Winged Bronze and Black Winged Narrangansett I believe) and (1) Bronze/Royal Palm cross. The colors in the Harvest Gold cross tom & 1 of the hens are AMAZING, gorgeous metallics!! The Bourbon Reds are richly colored, stunning birds. They are all beautiful and VERY healthy birds.

They are full time free range birds and have had supplemental feed available all of their lives. The never range too far from home and are back the minute they hear us outside. They NEVER fail to come home at night and are rarely out of sight.

We had kept these birds back as our breeding flock for Spring. However, they decided to protect us from our own dogs and now the 11 & 12 year old house dogs are terrified of them and don't even want to go outside. They have always been great around our kids, but since they started bullying the dogs, they have been a little more pushy with my toddler. Since I'm not getting rid of the toddler or the dogs, the turkeys have to find a new home :)

They are selling as a flock. I don't want to split them up. I did pen them up for the first time yesterday, to have them ready to sell and to give the dogs a break. The pen pictures are from yesterday. The snow pictures are from last week.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2010
  2. rarebreedeggs4u

rarebreedeggs4u Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 27, 2009
    Morrow, AR
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]