Heritage Turkey Hatching Eggs & Poults

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by Harp Turkey Ranch, Jan 21, 2009.

1. Harp Turkey Ranch

Harp Turkey Ranch Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 18, 2008
    McCleary, WA
    We are now taking orders for our Heritage Turkey Eggs & Poults. Farm pick-up and Shipping will start late spring 2009. Hatching eggs & poults will be sold on a first come basis. Visit our website for more information and purchase with Pay Pal

2. SterlingAcres

SterlingAcres Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 17, 2008
    Poconos, PA
    Thank you for the email.
    I hear turkey eggs don't ship very well. Do you think it'd be advisable for me to purchase any this spring? You're across the country.

3. sandspoultry

sandspoultry Everybody loves a Turkey

Feb 10, 2008
    Eastern NC
    Quote:We have shipped them all over the country. You have to be careful packing them. They don't ship well at all in warm weather.

Steve in NC

4. SterlingAcres

SterlingAcres Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 17, 2008
    Poconos, PA
    Thank you Steve! [​IMG]

5. Harp Turkey Ranch

Dec 18, 2008
    McCleary, WA
    I hear turkey eggs don't ship very well. Do you think it'd be advisable for me to purchase any this spring? You're across the country.

A couple years ago me and another turkey farmer swapped turkey eggs with great success. He lived in Ok. We were hatching 9-10 out of 12 almost every time. we sent over 10 dozen that year. Packing is a big key and of course fertility are other factors. What we had thought the biggest factor was that we only sent off perfect weight eggs for hatching. We would not send any eggs that weighed less then 2.5 oz and no more then 3.5 oz. The same as what we would set in our own incubators. In doing this on the farm here we have almost a 100% hatch rate. As all the other eggs go to pig food. After years of picking the hatching eggs at these weights, now hardly throw any out.​

6. Harp Turkey Ranch

Dec 18, 2008
    McCleary, WA
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 30, 2009
  7. Harp Turkey Ranch

Dec 18, 2008
    McCleary, WA
    Have had a lot of pm's asking about getting on a list for eggs. No you don't have to pay for them now, nor do you have to put a deposit down. It cost absolutely nothing to email or pm us with your name and what breed you are interested in and when you would like them.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by