Hertiage Chicks ONLY Wanted No Hatchery Lines

Discussion in 'Chicks 1 Day to 8 Weeks Old' started by Sweetpea325, Feb 12, 2016.

1. Sweetpea325

Sweetpea325 Out Of The Brooder

Jun 22, 2012
    Port Republic, MD
    I am searching for heritage plymouth rock chicks (not barred), orpingtons and any other breed that is LF, cold hardy and has a docile, friendly temperament. I want females, no straight run. I only want (3) chicks total and I do not agree with shipping them. I am willing to travel anywhere in Maryland, Delaware, Virginia and the lower/mid part of Pennsylvania. I do not have to purchase right now, I can wait till April if needed.

Thanks in advanced!

Last edited: Feb 12, 2016
  2. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    Check out hinckjcpoultry.com. They are located in upper NE Pennsylvania and have very nice orpingtons.

3. keesmom

keesmom Overrun With Chickens

Jul 28, 2008
    MA
    Most (if not all) breeders do not sex their chicks. If you want pullets only you may have to wait until fall when they sell off their extras. Some breeders will not sell chicks at all.

Here are the ones I know of.

Dick Horstman in PA has blue Orpingtons, partridge Rocks and silver penciled Rocks, as well as rose comb and single comb RIR.

http://www.horstmanspoultry.com/home.html

There are 3 breeders of LF white Rock breeders in MD, though one does not sell eggs or chicks.

Twin Creek Poultry in Germanville PA has 6 varieties of Rocks.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by