He's a people too!

Bettacreek

Crowing
15 Years
Jan 7, 2009
Central Pennsyltucky
Well, our son is down with the flu, as some of you may have read. I'm in the process of spring cleaning now, but I was down with the flu (I'm still recovering, but I can breathe now and I can say that I "survived" it). Anyways, I get a call from the MIL, she wants to come pick the baby up (err, well, he's 15 months) and I explain that he's down with the flu and I don't want him to be pestered with, but next week they can spend a day with him, once he's fully recovered. The MIL's response? "Well, I can come and pick him up right now and drop him back off and everything". Maybe you didn't hear me, but he has the FLU... *Sigh* The in-laws seem to forget a lot that he's a little human being, not a toy. They don't realise that he can reject certain foods when he's hungry (he's not a dog, if he doesn't like what you're trying to make him eat, he simply won't eat it), but that's another huge story that I won't get into. But, really, even when someone just has a minor cold, they don't feel like being drug all over the place to play, but, the flu? Pfft, just a few days ago, I could have sworn that I was dying, now Grem has the same thing, and they think that he should be drug around like a ragdoll while feeling like this? *Sigh* I just wish people would think of him like a little human being, not like a ragdoll.

Quote:
No, they're not smart enough to get it unfortunately. The one day SIL was watching him, and when we picked him up, they claimed that he was sick and bawling for the past 2-3 hours. Turns out, he was HUNGRY and wanted something to eat for those 2-3 hours. They've also made him sick because they don't understand that he can't drink a bunch of juice all day long. They listen to what I say, then do the total opposite, then lie to me about it and think I won't figure it out when my kiddo is puking his guts up because he just drank three cups of juice. They're just not the type of people that should be responsible for another human being (and why I don't allow them to be responsible for my son anymore, unless the step-dad is there, who actually seems to have a few brain cells left).

Back
Top Bottom