He's driving me nuts!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by kinnip, Sep 25, 2008.

1. kinnip

kinnip Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 24, 2008
    Carrollton, GA
    How do you cure bad farm manners when the person doesn't think there's a problem? My BF is really killing me. Most of the things he does I can get over, since it's rare that I ask him to feed, water or lock up the animals, BUT THE GATES MUST BE CLOSED! [​IMG] I've erected a number of fences around the property to try and keep the free rangers in/out of certain areas. Given, it's a bit of a pain to open and close the gate every time you want to walk around the back of the house, or while unloading groceries, but it's also necessary. If he thinks he'll have to open a gate again within the hour, he just leaves it open. I can't seem to make him understand that he's developing a bad habit. [​IMG]

2. DuckLady

DuckLady Administrator Staff Member

Jan 11, 2007
    Washington State
    Go close it.....lock it with a padlock and chain. When he needs out he will holler. Then you can explain about closing gates. Repeat as needed. He will learn. [​IMG]

3. kinnip

kinnip Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 24, 2008
    Carrollton, GA
    [​IMG]

4. Easter_pink_silkies

Easter_pink_silkies Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 14, 2008
    Northern Virginia
    :eek: Wow, some guys! i would tell him to either quit being a doughhead of stay away from my gates! but then, im also the most protective mamma hen i know [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by