he's finally knocked my brain loose

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by kinnip, Nov 25, 2008.

1. kinnip

kinnip Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 24, 2008
    Carrollton, GA
    I've had my roo Carmine in the house for a couple of days now. He got in a nasty tangle and needs to lose the big scab on his wattle before I put him back outside (presumably to get his butt kicked again). I just couldn't keep him in the cage, so he's wandering the house and crowing. I thought the crowing was loud outside. It bounces around in here like a cave. All the other housepets are terrified and irritated and I can't get the ringing out if my ears. Homeslice-cheez whiz-pickle spear needs to get the hell out of my house!!!!! Perhaps if I swathed him cheeseclothe...hmmm?

2. Sugar Sand Farm

Sugar Sand Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 24, 2007
    North Florida
    I know what you are going through. Last weekend we were going to a swap and I wanted to tkae some of the extra banties. They freerange so I figured I would catch them after dark and keep them in a cage until morning. Weellll We put them in the utiltyroom in a large cage there were two young cockerels and two hens. The cockerels crowed all night. It didnt mater that they were in a pitch dark room they just crowing every 15-20 minutes. Needless to say noone got any sleep that night. Well except DH he could sleep througha tornado.lol

3. kinnip

Feb 24, 2008
    Carrollton, GA
    Quote:Lucky DH. I need to learn that trick.

4. Pumpkinpup

Pumpkinpup Poultry Princess

Jul 16, 2008
    North-West Georgia
    I went to transport as roo for a friend some time back. Put him in a crate in the back seat of my car directly behind the drivers seat.
    HOLY COW, can Houdans crow!!!!! He broke loose about the time I closed the door to my little sedan and I thought my brain would explode!!!!

5. rubyv67

rubyv67 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 17, 2008
    Daggett,CA
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

6. the1much

the1much Currently Birdless Hippy

my big baby got sick a while ago,, we brought him in,, i walked by his kennel,, and he would crow,, i would jump 6.42 feet in the air,,( i have a broken neck) MAN he would scare the "puddin" outta me !!! [​IMG]

this is him watching T.V. ,, hahaha

[​IMG]

7. kinnip

Feb 24, 2008
    Carrollton, GA
    He was at the foot of the bed this morning before daybreak crowing his head off. He also tried to take my nachos! Just now as I was cooking my brunch of eggs and bacon, he stood right behind me whining. He's worse than the dog.

8. Pumpkinpup

Pumpkinpup Poultry Princess

Jul 16, 2008
    North-West Georgia
    [​IMG] That's truly pathetic...lol you should share [​IMG]

9. AllChookUp

AllChookUp Will Shut Up for Chocolate

May 7, 2008
    Frozen Lake, MN
    So, kinnip - How do you keep him from pooping everywhere?

I've always wondered this with people who bring chickens in their houses for rehab.

10. the1much

the1much Currently Birdless Hippy

mine loves being sick,, sits in my lap,, drinks red gator-aid ,, and watch's t.v. ,,, but dont my little girls HATE his crowin in the morning,, hahaha

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by