He's Out! Mubarak is OUT!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by welsummerchicks, Feb 11, 2011.

1. welsummerchicks

welsummerchicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 26, 2010
    Time for that Egyptian chile festival!

Certainly this isn't the end of their troubles, but I'll be praying for the people of Egypt that their future is brighter!

2. Countrywife

Countrywife Corrupted by a Redneck

Aug 20, 2009
    Carolina
    My news said he reneged and wasnt leaving. I am watching the DVR now, so what do i know?

3. HHandbasket

HHandbasket The Chickeneer

Quote:He has already escaped Cairo and is hiding out at some Red Sea resort, I read just a few minutes ago.

4. WIChookchick

WIChookchick Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 25, 2010
    Rural Brooklyn, WI
    I watched the breaking news on CBS. The other stations haven't even done a report...
    Its interesting he has escaped already after him saying he wouldn't leave Egypt alive, or was it Cairo?

Good for them!

5. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    If indeed, Suleiman is in power, it's simply a form of "out of the frying pan into the fire."

6. welsummerchicks

Jul 26, 2010
    That's right, but a fire has been lit under these people, and they are more able to deal with it.

7. I have WHAT in my yard?

I have WHAT in my yard? Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 24, 2008
    Eggberg, PA
    He left Cairo - not Egypt. I don't think he'll leave Egypt. He believes his own press. But, since the military put itself behind the slow transtion this could get ugly. My hopes are with the people.... It is so sad when a leader like this becomes so locked into his own egomania he cannot, any longer, do what is in the best interest of his people.

8. welsummerchicks

Jul 26, 2010
    Yeah, he's in a hotel instead of the Palace, but it's a start! The important thing is that he resigned.

We're making our batch of 3 way Chili, Egyptian style! Go get mommy the whole garlic, darlin'!

And get that 3 cups of sugar, we'll have Egyptian style dessert too, baclava for all!

Last edited: Feb 11, 2011
  9. RabbitMage

RabbitMage Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 27, 2009
    I have WHAT in my yard? :

But, since the military put itself behind the slow transtion this could get ugly.

The Egyptian people and the military have a good relationship. Many of them were celebrating the ideal of 'martial law'. Here's hoping the military shows the same fairness and restraint it showed during the protests and that this transition goes smoothly for Egypt.​

10. Chickerdoodle13

Chickerdoodle13 The truth is out there...

Mar 5, 2007
    Phoenix, AZ
    Personally, I don't think things will get much better any time soon. They are going from being ruled by a dictator to being ruled by HIS military. It's a change, but they still have a longggg way to go.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by