Hey All! From Batty for Bantam Silkies

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Cozumeld, Feb 8, 2013.

1. Cozumeld

Cozumeld New Egg

Feb 8, 2013
    Hi Guys,
    Thank-you for being the go to source for me! If it werent for this forum I would have spent multiple hours scouring the internet for the information. Well my story begins about almost a year ago, my daughters 2 & 3 (14 months apart yes I'm crazy) fell in love with my in laws chickens, not because they were friendly but because they liked being responsible for them. So I started researching and fell in love with silkie bantam chickens! I live in a suburb and thought the bantam would be a classic fit, well after 3-6 months research and my husband blowing me off when I asked how many chicks and what color he would like I order 25 chicks from Ideal hatchery they had an amazing price .99!!!!!!! So I had to do it, plus finding and ordering 5 pullets cost way more than I could afford. I was able to convince my husband that I was entering my midlife crisis a couple decades early. lol. In fact, he didn't share with anyone that his wife decided to buy 25 silkie chickens and raise them, it turned out well, till our poor babies were murdered by our neighbors dog. A new fence later, I order 50 more I know crazy right, well currently I have 12 left I was able to sell them somewhat recouping my costs. I can post pictures soon. Maybe you all can tell me if the ones I have are good stock. I need help in that area. Glad to be apart of BYC officially.

Regards,
    New Mexico Silkies

2. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
    Greetings from Kansas, Cozumeld, and [​IMG]! Pleased you joined our community! Quite the chicken raising ordeal you've had. Best of luck with your future birds!

3. Kevin565

Kevin565 Chicken Obsessed Premium Member

Dec 22, 2009
    [​IMG]

4. koolkyle08

koolkyle08 Out Of The Brooder

Feb 8, 2013
    I have not gotten myself any chickie babies yet but having been reading everything I can get my hands on, I think I want a pair of silky hens to start my chicken love affair:)

5. weimarmama

weimarmama Overrun With Chickens

Jun 4, 2010
    Alabama
    My Coop
    [​IMG] & [​IMG] from Alabama. Glad you joined us.

6. sumi

sumi Égalité Staff Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Rep of Ireland
    Hello and welcome to BYC [​IMG] Glad you joined us!

7. DDNONIN2016

DDNONIN2016 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 27, 2012
    SW Ohio
    Hello and welcome from Ohio....so glad you joined BYC. Best of luck with your new babies

8. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    Welcome to BYC and our poultry community.

9. Mr MKK FARMS

Mr MKK FARMS Chicken Obsessed Premium Member

Sep 27, 2012
    Welcome to BYC!!!
    [​IMG]
    Glad you joined us!!

10. Cozumeld

Cozumeld New Egg

Feb 8, 2013
    Thanks all!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by