Hey all...IM BACK

Discussion in 'Quail' started by SamG347, Dec 2, 2009.

1. SamG347

SamG347 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 4, 2007
    PA
    Well just when I thought I was done with breeding quail of any species here before College, I've decided to get back into Coturnix specifically. But not just any Coturnix. I'm currently working on getting eggs into the U.S. from the U.K. I'm working on getting the following colorations.

Platinum/Silver
    Red eyed Fawn Ginger

And will be getting Red/Red Tuxedo eggs from U.S. breeders and maybe a U.K. breeder.

You can watch for updates on my website if I forget to post here. Been trying to do this for MANY YEARS but finally found a good connection. First person that will be getting eggs from the Plats/Silvs...and the Red eyed fawns will be Garrie Landry,my good friend and fellow quail breeder.

[​IMG]

2. Tuffoldhen

Tuffoldhen Flock Mistress

Jan 30, 2007
    WV
    [​IMG] Hi Sam!! You really love those Quail! lol

3. Overeasyplz

Overeasyplz Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 8, 2009
    Leesburg
    Yay glad you are back...been reading the archives and feels like I knows ya pretty well!

4. SamG347

Mar 4, 2007
    PA
    Hey Tuff good seeing yah! And yeah gamebirds are my thang [​IMG] Nice to meet yah overeasy...yeah I use to be one of the few on the quail forum. And one of the few people with Coturnix. My how things have changed [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. quailbrain

quailbrain Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 26, 2009
    Oregon
    Sam, you knew you'd get back in. I was sad to see Monarch get out of quail although her's will be temp too [​IMG] I'd bet. I ended up with some great Tuxedo from her flock though. It will be nice to see a breeder working with colors and not mixing them like Texas A&M were.

6. Overeasyplz

Overeasyplz Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 8, 2009
    Leesburg
    I bet a ruby-eyed fawn is beautiful...who knew coturnix had so many mutations?I want quail badly but the weather sux right now -10 in the mornings an January is worse! so, no eggs for me till little later..sigh

7. SamG347

Mar 4, 2007
    PA
    Quail, Texas A&M are a pure bird just saying [​IMG] Also thanks for the warm welcome back! Yes Coturnix were my true passion and still remain. But as sooo many people have the every day colors I wanted to expand into these rarer colorations.
    [​IMG]

8. quailbrain

Mar 26, 2009
    Oregon
    What I meant about Texas is it is hard to find the original size of the Texas A&M because so many were in with the other mutations which seems to have compromised their size.

9. SamG347

Mar 4, 2007
    PA
    OOO gotcha....and yes that is true!
    [​IMG]

10. quailbrain

Mar 26, 2009
    Oregon
    I hope you are able to obtain them. I would be nice to see photos of them someday. How exciting for you.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by