Hey all, my Mom could use a lot of prayer and healing thoughts..

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by coloradochick, Oct 20, 2009.

1. coloradochick

coloradochick Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 19, 2007
    Brighton, CO
    As we were watching my daughter's softball game Saturday, my Mom told me she'd been diagnosed with Ocular(eye) Melanoma last week after she woke up Wednesday morning blind in her left eye. Apparently the tumor caused a rupture in the back of her eye.
    I've been in shock ever since and have been trying not to think about it. They gave her two choices of treatment, get the tumor cut out along with her eye or radiation which will cause the eye to shrink also. No guarantees on either of course. She goes in tomorrow to do the staging. I guess these are all the blood tests, cat scans, etc to see how far the cancer is and if it has spread anywhere else. If you guys could take a minute and send a good wish or prayer to my mom Lola I would be forever grateful. She's trying to stay positive and tries to joke about it, how hard it is to cut cucumbers evenly with one eye and such. But it's very obvious she's scared. I don't want to lose my mom...

Thanks,
    C

2. Whispering Winds

Whispering Winds Chillin' With My Peeps

I am so sorry!! Thoughts, prayers and [​IMG] coming your way!! Its so amazing what they can do nowadays, I hope whatever treatment she chooses will be super successful!!!

3. whitecra

whitecra Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 12, 2008
    Oklahoma
    I will be praying for her and your family. My husbands mom just died Sunday of cancer. Her funeral is tomorrow morning.
    Chris

4. TaLani

TaLani ~ Gemini Chick ~

Oct 2, 2008
    Bryson City, NC
    I'll definitely say prayers for your mom. Your mom has a very similar name as my mom - her name is Loa.

I'm so sorry she is going through this - I know it's hard on you and your family too. My mom also suffered with cancer a few years back - the cancer was in the lymph nodes along her neck. They had to cut her from ear to hear to get all the cancer out. The strange thing was that her particular type of cancer was normally seen in a person that drank or smoke heavily - my mom never did either one, so go figure as to how she contracted this type of cancer. At any rate, she had radiation and is now cancer free & doing great. At least your mom sought help quick. Doctors can do so much these days.

[​IMG] coloradochick

whitecra - sorry for your loss. [​IMG]

5. coloradochick

Dec 19, 2007
    Brighton, CO
    Oh Chris I'm so sorry. We've never dealt with it in the immediate family and it's a very scary place to be. Thanks for your thoughts.

Thanks Whispering, I pray that the path she decides to take has a successful outcome. I don't know what I would do without my mom.

6. coloradochick

Dec 19, 2007
    Brighton, CO
    Oh thank you TaLani, I'm so glad your mom is doing good. We never know what one is feeling or going through until we're put in that same situation. It stinks! It's hard and unfortunately I'm not real strong when it comes to my parents being sick. My dad had a heart attack several years back, he's doing good now, but as they were hooking him up in the ER he told me to take good care of my mom. I lost it and had to leave the room. So I'm hoping my older sister that lives in OK is going to be here in the next couple of days.

7. Fudgie

Fudgie Hatching Queen - Got Fudge?

coloradochick [​IMG] [​IMG]

whitecra - [​IMG] to you too.

My MIL just went through Macular Degeneration surgery on her eye, she was so worried she would lose the eye. They were not sure. She came through it and cannot see as well but she can see at least. Prayers are going upwards. I know how stressful the not knowing can be. [​IMG]

8. sfw2

sfw2 Global Menace

Hope you mom gets positive news tomorrow.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

9. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    I'm so sorry.. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

10. ranchhand

ranchhand Rest in Peace 1956-2011

Aug 25, 2008
    SC
    Unending positive healing thoughts to all of you, but especially your Mom. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by