1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    Not a member yet? join BYC here & then introduce yourself in our community forum here.

hey all you geo tracker people!!!!is a geo tracker a good car to have?

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by thechickenguy, Aug 12, 2010.

1. thechickenguy

thechickenguy Songster

Jun 15, 2010
    woodsfield ohio 43793
    i plan on getting one and im wondering if they are a good car to have? i rode in one once and it was down threw a cow field and we drove threw the creek with it and i loved it. but that was just that one. well i take that back i rode in one when i was real little but i forget what it rode like. someone told me that they are just like a 4-wheeler only there a car.
    what does everybody have to say about them?

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 12, 2010
  2. turney31

turney31 Songster

Sep 14, 2008
    palestine texas
    I have had 2 Geo metros. (not Tracker but Geo) I loved them,BUT both were 100,000 mile cars. Meaning when I hit that mileage they started falling apart. JMO.

3. The Chicken Lady

The Chicken Lady Moderator Staff Member 10 Years

Apr 21, 2008
    West Michigan
    My brother has one for goofing around and off-roading. He just rebuilt the whole engine. It seems like a pretty fun vehicle; rather bouncy ride, though (but it might just be the one my brother has...it needs a bit of work, LOL!).

4. theoldchick

theoldchick The Chicken Whisperer Premium Member

May 11, 2010
    They flip over pretty easy on the highway.

5. silkiechicken

silkiechicken Staff PhD Premium Member

I knew someone with one. They called it the moving death trap, with the only redeeming feature being excellent gas mileage.

6. TyrannosaurusChix

TyrannosaurusChix Songster

Jul 13, 2010
    Savannah, NY
    Quote:LOLS!!! so you may as well die in it, but you will sure as heck get great mileage doing so! [​IMG]

7. EweSheep

EweSheep Flock Mistress

Jan 12, 2007
    Land of Lincoln
    A mini Jeep LOL!

8. thechickenguy

thechickenguy Songster

Jun 15, 2010
    woodsfield ohio 43793
    so most of you think its probably a bad idea?

9. Boyd

Boyd Recipient of The Biff Twang

Mar 14, 2009
    MI
    I love mine... Mine is actually a "chevy" tracker. 2001, with the 2.0 4 cylender, 4 wheel drive, rag top seats 4......

I have some nice Toyo's on it. First thing that went wrong was I blew the chevy motor. Next thing? Transmission... Luckily a tracker is the exact same thing as a suzuki sidekick (or is it a samurai?) So I have the motor and tranny out of a Hi output OHC suzuki in mine.. Screams. Gets 25 miles to the gallon going 90 on the highway. Tippy? Not too much, no worse than anything with a short wheel base JEEPS included!!!!!!!!!

Since my 4x4 is lighter and has a better power to weight ratio than any Chrysler product, I climb through mud holes that the jeep boys won't, but then again maybe because it's because I seem to float.... [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: