Hey ALL YOU TURKEYS OUT THERE.well.....who have hatched turkeys.

Discussion in 'Turkeys' started by okiechick57, Apr 23, 2008.

1. okiechick57

okiechick57 Chillin' With My Peeps

I am on day 24 with a dozen mixed turkey eggs......which day do I take them out of incubator? humidity? help....my last hatch of chicken eggs was horrid I sure want these to make it !

2. RoostersCrow

RoostersCrow Chillin' With My Peeps

Stop turning on day 26.

My problem wih Turkeys has always been getting fertile eggs. I set 9, only three fertile and now have only two at day 26.[​IMG]

Get that humidity up nice and high for hatch just like chickens.

Last edited: Apr 23, 2008
  3. Cara

Cara Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 30, 2007
    NM
    Stop turning day 25. Mine started pipping yesterday morning, and day 28 isn't until lunchtime tomorrow. So far I have 9 out of 9 developed, four hatched and four pipped.

4. chrisf

chrisf Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 27, 2007
    I've had mine hatch as early as day 26 many times, my current hatch is on day 28, two pipped. I have always had better hatches with turkeys than chickens.........

5. okiechick57

okiechick57 Chillin' With My Peeps

[​IMG] Well, just candled and only one is looking viable.....ugh. I am tired of non fertile eggs........ and bad hatches ! [​IMG]

6. cgjsmith

cgjsmith Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 6, 2007
    tennessee
    I'm trying dry incubation with my turkeys. two hatched in the bator. My days were off. Thye had no problem. This last one was a day late. and his belly was sticking out. I don't have much hope for it. Crystal

7. sandspoultry

sandspoultry Everybody loves a Turkey

Feb 10, 2008
    Eastern NC
    Stop turning on day 25. Depending on your humidy level as to when they will start pipping. What type of bator do you have? We have hatched out hundreds of turkeys. Make sure after they hatch and you put them into the brooder box that they learn to eat and drink. Poults are not the smartest babies.
    Sharon

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by