Hey All

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by chippy99th, Dec 17, 2016.

1. chippy99th

chippy99th Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 17, 2016
    Arizona
    I've used this website for advice forever without creating an account, haha, but I finally got around to it. :)

I have had chickens since I was a little girl. Started off with a batch of "Easter chicks", 2/3 of them were roos but we learned not to buy straight run! Now I have a flock of over 30.

I have, let's see...Buff Orpingtons, Rhode Island Reds, Barred Rocks, Black Australorps, two 10-week-old Silkies (my avatar pic), and a whole slew of mutts/game birds. We have a feral chicken problem in my neighborhood if you can believe that, and I tend to end up adopting stray babies. All of our roosters came to us that way.

I found this site browsing for advice on some problem or other. Seems like a great site with a lot of friendly & knowledgeable people, so I thought I'd give it a try. :)

Besides chicken-keeping, I like reading, singing, and taking care of my other pets and various stray animals. I have a betta fish, toy poodle mutt and a lovebird born feral in my area and rescued after she fell from her nest.

Nice to meet you all!

Last edited: Dec 17, 2016
  2. Teila

Teila Bambrook Bantams Premium Member

G’Day from down under chippy99th [​IMG] Welcome!

I hope you enjoy BYC even more now that you are a member. As you have mentioned, there are lots of friendly and very helpful folks here so not only is it overflowing with useful information it is also a great place to make friends and have some fun. Unlike non chicken loving friends, family and colleagues, BYC’ers never tire of stories or pictures that feature our feathered and non feathered friends [​IMG]

3. Pork Pie Ken

Pork Pie Ken Monkey Business Premium Member

Jan 30, 2015
    Africa - near the equator
    Hello and welcome to BYC - great that you have joined us. Please make yourself at home here with us.

Best wishes
    CT

4. QueenMisha

QueenMisha Queen of the Coop

Welcome to BYC! It's great to have you.

5. Cynthia12

Cynthia12 Always Grateful Premium Member

Apr 11, 2010
    Utah
    WELCOME!!!!

6. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Hello again. I think I just recently replied to you on another post. If not, Welcome to Backyard chickens.

7. N F C

N F C doo be doo be doo Premium Member

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    [​IMG]

Very nice intro, thanks for joining us!

8. RodNTN

RodNTN Following Jesus

May 22, 2013
    The USA
    My Coop
    Welcome to BYC! [​IMG]

9. henny1129

henny1129 Crazy Livestock Gal

Mar 21, 2016
    Ohio!
    Hello and :welcome! I hope you enjoy BYC just as much as the rest of us do! Sounds like you have some great breeds, and of course mutts are some of the best too!

10. chippy99th

chippy99th Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 17, 2016
    Arizona
    Thank you all! People on this site really are friendly, I wasn't sure if anyone would respond. Thanks for saying hi!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by