Hey, Ameraucana Police, Arrest This EE, LOL!

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by speckledhen, Jul 13, 2008.

1. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

Just kidding, LOL! She did pop out of a supposed Salmon Ameraucana egg, though. Obviously, that isnt what she is. This is my sweet June, who was a gift as a chick from my friend, Kate. She was very skittish at first, but when her three cockerel companions were gone, she suddenly decided I was much safer than the new younger chicks she was thrown in with-poor girl was a month older, but not all that much larger and my BR and Welsummer cockerel would chase her everywhere. The pullets ignored her. Anyway, she looks to have some blue wheaten in her background somewhere, at least to me. She's 16 weeks old now, in with mostly 11-wk-old chicks. I like her blue beard. Can't wait to see her egg color.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 13, 2008
  2. can you hear me now?

can you hear me now? Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 18, 2008
    Southwest Missouri
    She is a beautiful bird. I do have a question about EE's though. Does one hen only lay one color egg or does that differ as well?

3. HenHaven

HenHaven Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 3, 2007
    Coarsegold, CA
    Well, I'm not the Ameraucana Police, but I'll make a citizen's arrest and take her into custody--she's CUTE!!! I love her blue tail, LOL!

4. speckledhen

Whatever they start laying is what they will always lay, but it will get paler as she lays more and more. Then, after her molt and a break, the color will go back to being more intense, usually. Is that what you meant?
    Lynn, I love her, too. Love all the blue on her and she's really, really sweet.

Last edited: Jul 13, 2008
  5. crtrlovr

crtrlovr Still chillin' with my peeps

Her pretty blue tail looks like the type of fancy bustle the ladies of the 1800s would wear... she's quite pretty!

6. injunjoe

injunjoe Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 1, 2008
    Pasco county, FL.
    Quote:This may be wrong, but you are my BYC Hero!

7. SterlingAcres

SterlingAcres Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 17, 2008
    Poconos, PA
    OMGosh! She's absolutely stunning! How lucky you are [​IMG]

8. speckledhen

Um, thank you? I'm speechless.

9. injunjoe

injunjoe Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 1, 2008
    Pasco county, FL.

Um, thank you? I'm speechless.

Oh stop it! why now!? You are the best! You answer all q's no matter how stupid the question may seem, you are there to help out!

10. speckledhen

Thank you, Joe, that's sweet. Just wish I knew more than I do.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by