Hey Angie n Maine

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by GAhen, Feb 12, 2008.

1. GAhen

GAhen Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 2, 2007
    Carrollton GA
    What's the weather like way up there??
    Hope it's not to bad.

Tammie

2. SeaChick

SeaChick Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 25, 2007
    Southern Maine
    I'm not Angie but she lives less than an hour away... and it's beautiful and sunny here right now! It was cold last night, but it's been colder this year before. We are expecting another storm tonight though. Nothing worse that the way-too-many other storms we've had this year, though. We're already over 2 feet more snow than last year's total. CANNOT WAIT FOR SPRING!
    Stacey

3. Frozen Feathers

Frozen Feathers Chillin' With My Peeps

May 4, 2007
    Maine
    It's sunny, but cold and windy here. Warmer then yesterday, so that's good. Too much snow this year!! It seems like every three days we are having a storm. Last week it snowed every day. [​IMG]

Seachick don't hold your breath waiting for Spring...lol!! They are predicting snow for Saturday, too. I can't remember the last time we had this much snow.

My poor mailbox has been pummeled by the snow plow so many times the post (set in concrete and buried) is now twisted around!

DD loves it, DH is over it and I'm on DH's side! the chickens are sick of it, too but the ducks could care less. [​IMG]

4. GAhen

Aug 2, 2007
    Carrollton GA
    It's in the 50-60's here. I saw on the news that ya'll have a winter storm warning.
    I have always wanted to visit Maine...When is the best time??

5. SeaChick

SeaChick Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 25, 2007
    Southern Maine
    Depends on what you're looking for, and where you'll be visiting........ if you require warm weather, probably July/August. On the other hand, June and September can be beautiful, and you'll only be sharing the state with the locals, not hordes of tourists. The weather is very changeable in spring and fall: it could be 80 one day and 50 the next. Early October for the gorgeous fall colors!!

6. GAhen

Aug 2, 2007
    Carrollton GA
    Thanks SeaChick
    I love cool weather and summers are terrible here , HOT and HUMID.
    June or Oct. sound good......Now to find someone that will take care of all my animals..
    I would like to visit the seashore for sure.

7. Buff Hooligans

Buff Hooligans Scrambled

Jun 11, 2007
    September is the best time to visit coastal New England. The sea retains the summer heat and keeps the coastal area warm after summer passes. All the kiddies go back to school and the area belongs to the locals again, who keep boating and going to the beach and wearing shorts until October.

(The downside to that is that spring never arrives at all. It's January, Feburary, March, March, March, July.)

8. GAhen

Aug 2, 2007
    Carrollton GA
    I was born and raised here in the south, but have always LOVED New England.
    I have visited Boston, Cape Cod, parts of New Hampshire, not nearly enough though.
    My dh hates winter, but I love it. Of course I have never experienced a New England winter before.
    I really want to visit Maine and Alaska for sure!

9. Frozen Feathers

Frozen Feathers Chillin' With My Peeps

May 4, 2007
    Maine
    September is really the best time to visit.
    Acadia is really nice, I like there for a summer and there's tons to do. They have Whale watches and interesting little restaurants and shops. Plus there's the national park where you can go hiking, biking and horse back riding. You're right on the ocean so one day you can go hiking up Cadillac Mt and the next day you can go to the beach.

You can go right up rt 1 in September and stop at all the little coastal towns. Route 1 is awful in the summer, though but by mid September most of the tourists have gone home and the kids are in school, so it's not so bad.

If you're more into hiking or skiing (of course you'd have to come in December to March for prime skiing) you can always go to western Maine.
    Very pretty, tons of mountains and endless trails.

It just really depends on you want in a vacation. When my In-laws got re-married after their divorce (long story) we purchased them a weekend at the Grey Haven Inn in Georgetown. It's beautiful, right on the ocean and right down the road from Reid state park, which is really great itself. My in-laws were trilled with the gift and their stay.

Hope you get a chance to visit. Someday, as nice as it is here, I would like to be a Maine tourist rather then a Maine resident. [​IMG] The snow and cold has really gotten to me this year!

10. Buff Hooligans

Buff Hooligans Scrambled

Jun 11, 2007
    I'm with you Angie. With having outdoor animals for the first time in my life, I resent the cold more than ever. Frozen water bowls and cold hens... I keep thinking, even though life in Maine is probably more my liking, I couldn't take anything colder or any winter longer than what it is here on Cape Cod.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by