Hey 'bator builders! Link for $3 PC fan in post #6!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by cjeanean, Oct 25, 2008.

1. cjeanean

cjeanean Can't Decide

Mar 5, 2008
    Missouri
    I'm gonna build an incubator next weekend, and I'm trying to locate all my parts. Here's links for the fans I'm looking at:

Fan 1

Fan 2

Which one is better? Would either one work??? The LED one is at a store closer to me, but if the other one would be better I'll drive to get it. Thanks!

Last edited: Oct 25, 2008
  2. cjeanean

cjeanean Can't Decide

Mar 5, 2008
    Missouri
    here's a few more that are cheaper...I'm not sure what I'm looking for, or if any PC cooling fan will work:

Fan3

Fan4

Fan 5

Fan 6

BTW, all of these came off of This Site for anyone who's looking for one!

3. Jessika

Jessika Chillin' With My Peeps

May 31, 2008
    Eagle Creek, OR
    I don't know...I have been wondering the same thing. I am unsure if it is 80 mm or 120 mm we need for the bators. And I don't have a clue about the led lights having an effect or not. I know my hova bator glows red with a night when the heat comes on. I know that is ok but I have no clue about other colors.

4. griffin45

griffin45 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 15, 2008
    South Central Virgina
    Any PC cooling fan will work. They are all 12 volt and you will need a 12 volt voltage supply. Another place to look for them is at thrift stores in old computers and garage sales. I have bought entire computers for $5 -$10 bucks. The first two fans are good. I did not look at the rest, but I think that they are all good enough to work with and Incubator.

5. cjeanean

cjeanean Can't Decide

Mar 5, 2008
    Missouri
    Quote:Thanks, griffin!!! It's late in the year so there aren't too many garage sales going on, and thrift stores are kinda hit-and-miss. I found some online that are cheaper, but the shipping's $8!!! So it'll cost me $10 to get the item, and I'd rather just get one from radio shack. So any PC fan??? The only reason I was thinking about the LED one not working is cause of the lights, and I've never messed with those before so I don't know if there are extra wires or anything.....Thanks, though!!!

Christina

6. cjeanean

cjeanean Can't Decide

Mar 5, 2008
    Missouri
    After trying to find a PC fan locally that's cheap, I did a search on Office Depot and found this one:

[​IMG]

It came to $3.12 AFTER tax, and shipping was free! Just thought I'd share with everyone, cause finding deals is hard. Here's the link:

Office Depot $3 PC Fan

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by