Hey!! Brown w/white wing feathers!?

cosmosue

Songster
Oct 1, 2016
SC
So we mixed some Texas A&M with some coturnix brown for fun, hatched 10 out of 10 but lost a little yellow chick - too weak.

Anyway we got mostly brown it was 6 and 4.

One white had a double spot so we call her double shot or double spot or whatever and I’ll keep that one, we got ONE GIRL out of the 6 brown lol

So today they are about 4 weeks old and my son (he’s autistic and obsessed with them) he picks up a brown one and says MOM look!

He’s grown in white wing feathers!

I know it’s recessive, so does this make him just a tiny bit more special!!??? LOL

I wanted to get more unique color blends and stuff... I know I have some browns that are more barred in color and some are more red...most are basic brown coturnix but I got a couple odd balls in the mix as most of us end up with some... lol one has a very dark face like dark brown..

Anyway is this cool or what? I thought we just got the one with double spot and that was kinda cool but a brown with white wings that’s really cool to me!?

Here is a pic, excuse my excited self... by the way sorry I haven’t been around we haven’t been hatching except these 10 and I am home schooling one son, and I work at home and have the quail farm so it’s been REALLY busy!!! I hope you are ALL DOING AWESOME!!!

Attachments

• 22673AAF-44E8-407A-A73D-A9502239CD5D.jpeg
    22673AAF-44E8-407A-A73D-A9502239CD5D.jpeg
    480.4 KB · Views: 11
I checked the others and it looks like a few more males are replacing their brown wing feathers with white ones, especially under their wings on the bodies.

So there is a few like this with solid white feathers on the flights and then under the wings... interesting. I’ll breed them back.

Back
Top Bottom