Hey Canadians

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by I have WHAT in my yard?, Feb 20, 2009.

1. I have WHAT in my yard?

I have WHAT in my yard? Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 24, 2008
    Eggberg, PA
    Really bizarre question:

Remember ten years or so ago when you all had that incredible ice storm?? It hit NE US and toronto real bad??

A great guy from Canada came down to Philly to talk to emergency responders about it and he had a great film/slide show. It may have been his private property. But, in it he had a piece that showed a suburban towing a flat bed truck with a fire truck on it!! He also had footage of a diesel engine train pulled into the middle of a street - tearing it all to hades - so the engine could be used to provide electricity for a hospital.

Anyone have any clue where I could get that or see that again?? I know it is a real long shot, but I thought I'd go ahead and ask.

Last edited: Feb 20, 2009
  2. 2468Chickensrgr8

2468Chickensrgr8 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 7, 2007
    Ontario
    HM? I dont know....Did you catch the guys name?...If so Maybe if you google his name?... or Eastern Ontario and Quebec Ice storm..photo's?...my in laws got hit pretty bad also....thank God they could use their tractor for a genarator....FIL helped many milking farms...

It was pretty devastating driving up the 401 to Quebec from outside Toronto and watching the destruction of the trees get worse and worse....can only imagine what people had to go through on both sides of the border....

Sorry I cannot help further

3. I have WHAT in my yard?

I have WHAT in my yard? Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 24, 2008
    Eggberg, PA
    I am sure I knew the guys name at the time, but I have long since forgotten it. I've searched you tube, but no luck. But, maybe I can contact quebec or toronto emergency services.....

The video was amazing. The way they improvised solutions in a crisis was amazing.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by