Hey Chicks

Gr8outdoors

Hatching
Mar 19, 2016
SW Montana
Hello there, I'm Cheryl. It's been about 2 years time that I've had backyard chickens. There a lot more to it than I thought. It's so worth it tho. I love my girls. Amber Whites. Just last week three of my 6 girls had to move on in there circle of life. Two were egg eaters ( The Red Queen said Off with their heads) sorry I love my girls and there eggs. The third girl was prolapsed. I'm a farm girl so yes I was raised playing with my food.
So the otherday I picked up a few new fluff ball Rhode Island Red replacer chicks. One of them doesn't seem right. She's distress chirping all the time is less alert carries her wings in a "lazy" way ( not up close to her body like the otheres) and she's not wanting to eat.
What do you Gals think?

Nice to meet you Cheryl, glad you joined the BYC flock
frow.gif

Hi and welcome to BYC- glad that you have joined us.

Not sure what could be wrong with your chick, but vitamin supplements / electrolytes in their drinking water may help a little.

All the best
CT

One other gal said she might had made buddies with a chick back at the store. Probiotics/vitamins are wonderful. I try to make sure all the girls get them in there water. I hand fed the screamer chick for two days. Yesterday I noticed only quiet pleasant little Chirps I thought oh no she dead. When I looked in there she was happy as a lark with a full crop. She had a little pasty butt. I cleaned her up from that and she's doing good. So strange but I'm super glad she's happy now. My ears are glad too.
Thank you for taking the time to help me out.
Cheryl

welcome-byc.gif

Glad to hear your little chirper is happier (and quieter) now.

It's nice to have you here!

Back
Top Bottom