Hey Cynthia!!! ~~~update~~~

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Poison Ivy, Nov 26, 2007.

1. Poison Ivy

Poison Ivy Chillin' With My Peeps

May 2, 2007
    Naples, Florida
    I decided to check your eggs last night as I pulled my 3 eggs that are on day 18 out of the bator and put into my hatcher. So far 8 ameraucana are growing and a few looked clear. The blue orp eggs looked clear too but I'm leaving them in the bator. Will check those again on day 10. With them being brown and me checking them early I might not be able to see the veins yet. But 8 ameraucana's are growing! WaaHoo [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 2, 2007
  2. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

Great on the Ameraucanas! Although the Orps were just extras, I hope they aren't all clear! But yep, keep them in there till at least Day 12 to be certain. They are growing fine in my bator here at home. Did I send a mix of Velvet and Skye's eggs of those four?

3. Poison Ivy

May 2, 2007
    Naples, Florida
    Yes two of each but like I said I candled early on day 4 and with them being brown I might not see any veins. The ameraucana's are so easy to candle with the color they are. But I will candle again at day 10 to see if I missed it the first time around. I'm sure they are fine it's just hard to see in the brown ones and on day 4!
    But I'm happy!

4. speckledhen

Ok, yeah, on Day 4, they're are almost impossible to see with the Orp shells, but the Ameraucanas! Wow! I was amazed the first time I candled them. The shells are so clean and clear, it's easy to see the peep early on.

5. LoneCowboy

LoneCowboy Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 26, 2007
    Longmont, CO
    I'm so jealous. I'm dying to candle mine. A few more days to go. I'm purposely not coming up with a candling device. I know I'd have to test it [​IMG]

6. speckledhen

Twila, how are the other two little sweeties you hatched previously from my girls?

7. Poison Ivy

May 2, 2007
    Naples, Florida
    They are sweethearts and they are my favorite chicks. I've been putting them outside in the cage during the day when I'm at work. So tonight is their first night outside. I wasn't to sure about leaving them out all night but it's warm here tonight so they will be fine. I just miss going in the guest room to talk to them.

8. speckledhen

They are real loves, aren't they? The ones I hatch here are some of the most adorable, lovable babies I have and the least skittish beside the Barred Rocks.

9. seminolewind

seminolewind Flock Mistress Premium Member

Sep 6, 2007
    spring hill, florida
    I have 2 Ameraucanas from Cynthia. Didn't much think about them, but they are the sweetest little chicks! One jumps on my hand , no fear of me. And those puffy little cheeks! I know I still have to post pictures, I'll try for tomorrow. Karen

10. Poison Ivy

May 2, 2007
    Naples, Florida
    Just wanted to update you on my eggs I have 8 ameraucana's that are doing great. I pulled 3 out that were clear and 1 blood ring. Then the 4 blue orps were a no go. I was hoping I was wrong before but that's ok I have 8 ameraucana's in the bator.

Last edited: Dec 2, 2007

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by